Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Category about Saltwater Fishing

TOPIC: Baxters Jetty and Murphy's Law

Baxters Jetty and Murphy's Law 1 year 7 months ago #461510

• Chrisothefisho
  • Thank you received: 20
Just got back from fishing Baxters Jetty at Shorncliffe, haven't fished it for years but thought I'd give it a crack again. Lobbed down at 3ish as the tide is starting to head out (always seemed to do better there on the run out)

I have recently purchased a Shimano OC Baitcaster 6000 decked with 30lbs braid and 20lbs leader 6.0 circle hooks x 2, patenosta rig, in the attempt to catch something big, well bigger than the things I've been catching....thats the plan! Also brought a smaller (much cheaper!) shimano outfit as an extra while my pillys were soaking on the serious fishing outfit!

Not much happening for the first few hours, except changing my baits ever now and then on the Baitcaster. Caught 4 Bream one which was 26cm although all went back as I am not a big fan of eating fish, but LOVE catching them.

The sun was almost down when BANG my small outfit went off, had a 5min battle or so but managed to get it to about 5m from the jetty then SNAP!!! Only using 8lbs line and I was a little too impatient!!! All I and a couple of other blokes saw was something big silver and flashy, don't know what it was. Guessing a tailor (it would have smashed my pb if it was) and praying it wasn't a jewie as they are still on my bucket list. But only caught a brief glimpse. Boy did the adrenaline run after that and so to did the expletives.

Still a great day/night out, still looking for that big one, got the brag mat ready and waiting...hahaha
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ellicat, Luvit, samsteele115

Baxters Jetty and Murphy's Law 1 year 7 months ago #461512

• samsteele115
  • Thank you received: 655
Haha that's fishing I guess. Good luck for next time
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 12.47k
  • Latest Member: Fathers Day Fishing Fest
  • Total Posts: 483k
  • Total Topics: 43k
  • Total Sections: 7
  • Total Categories: 49
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 42