The good, the bad, the...

kreel

So Benno invited me for a threadie session on the Brisbane River last night. We met up at the West End boat ramp around 4:30pm anticipating a great evening. We moved up river to a spot we'd 'X'ed a few weeks earlier. While we had plenty of bait on board - we were after livies. Ben demonstrated his excellent net casting abilities for about a half dozen casts with only 2 prawns and a lonely mullet in the bucket. Seven was the magic number and we had about 30 bait sized mullet ready to find some threadies.

THE GOOD: We were having a relaxing night, when we heard that Zzzzzzzz that makes the heart pump, Ben had a good fish on the move and it was all hands on deck. While he was busy fighting the fish I raced around bringing in all the other lines. After a good fight Ben lifted a metre long threadie aboard. Smiles and high fives all round.

THE BAD: While Ben was fighting his threadie and I was madly pulling in all the lines, I placed my prized Loomis/Luvias safely on the deck. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my rod move and in a split second it was being dragged overboard and into the gloom. So while it was high fives for the Threadie, it was bitter sweet for me.

THE... My luck has been running in a downward spiral lately - obviously the lost G Loomis/Daiwa Luvias was the latest and most distressing event but recently the screen on my laptop died, forcing me to use my old steam powered computer to write this thread. A month or so ago some a@#$hole broke into the garage at my unit and mangled the ignition on my motorbike trying to steal it. Another bike related issue occurred only a couple of week ago when I realised my only set of bike keys were missing, this can be very expensive to remedy so I decided to exhaust all options and take my time to sort it out. Perhaps my luck is about to turn - I managed to track down the missing key today, when in desperation I went to a store we had visited around the time I thought I'd lost the key.

Sorry about the long post - I think I just needed to write it down to try to exorcise the curse over me.

Archived