snap swivel on plastics???

yakinspace

for myself i use a super tiny one of these for smaller hard body lures...
/>http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=1637

its shown no ill effects on the action of sx40's etc... for soft plastics tho its a loop knot, as it doesn't affect the swimming action... get used to tying them and it ain't too much of a hassle..

I wouldn't be using one of the traditional brass snap swivels, I reckon they'd detract too much from the action of the lure. Following Schultzy's advice I always use a little stainless clip called the Bill Norman Speed Clip, I use these with all hardbodys, most spinnerbaits, and pre rigged SP's to no ill effect.

Cheers,

Matt

I've seen clips the size of a dog clip used on quite small plastics and hard bodies, still caught fish (well maybe a slight exaggeration on the size, but certainly bl@@dy big!)me I prefer a loop knot, easy to tie, new knot with each lure, good reminder to redo leader and knot when leader ends up to short!

yeah i personally wouldn't buy those snaps from anywhere where i can't grab the packet in the ol hands and see for myself.. its the only way as very few online places have a scale chart or any sensible way to check a size at all (if any MOtackle staff are reading, hint hint wink wink nudge nudge) .. i've been burnt by this before, but did end up with some swivels i didn't need to use a sinker with :D

Loop knot all the way..... simplify the lure presentation. I use loop knot's and sometimes palomars on soft plastics and hardbodies. The clip is just another link in the chain that could weaken and give way at the worst possible time.

I used to use Norman speed clips but have switched to just tieing everything on nowadays.

It might take a little longer to tie a knot but honestly its not that much.

Use a good leader material and tie the knot carefully, and you'll be smiling.

Archived