catagories

noname

is there a catagory for squire/snapper, flathead, threadfin, my mate jack. or do they all come under misc;

i for 1 would rather try and catch, keep, and maybe weigh in a fish that i will be eating some time in the not to distant future.

catfish, stingrays, and sharks, in my opinion should be excluded from this comp. even though fun to catch all of these species, are nothing more than trouble. as there are more quality fish to be caught eg, cod, whiting and jewies, that i would rather someone weigh in, other than catties etc. and gives people a motive to try different fishing techniques to try and catch these fish, instead if putting a bait on the river floor and waiting for a cattie or ray..

my thoughts only

robbo

Squire, flatties, salmon etc do fall under misc.

Catfish are in the comp as it opens up the field to any level of fishermen. After all it is designed to be a fun, ammatuer, family orientated fishing event. However the prizes reflect this with better prizes being available for categories such as Misc and Bream.

Stingrays are excluded from the comp.

We would love to open up more categories for species in the future it just comes down to prizes.

As Angus has noted, we have stated in the Rules that stingrays, shovel-nosed rays and eels are excluded from the BRC (and were the same for the 2007 BRC).

If you read the new posts and articles about the 2008 BRC, catfish and shark are now Photo and Release categories, and as such the prizes reflect this.

So we are catering for all levels of anglers; those that want to try different fishing techniques and try to get a rare species or those happy to throw out a line and sit back and enjoy the comp.

Archived