Schulz Canal - 1/1/2007

Terry H

Went down for a short sharking session, but as we didn't catch any bait (and couldn't really be bothered trying) I just flicked some tassies around.

About half an hour before dark, I hooked onto a small estuary cod (probably 15cm long - was tiny!) roughly 1.5m from my feet. 10 minutes later, as I was retrieving another cast, once again 1.5m from my feet... BANG! pull pull, bzzzt, snap! Busted! :( Lost a decent estuary cod. So I set up with another tassie and continued to work this spot, a whole 1.5m out from me. Retrieve.. Bang! bzzzzttt bzzt bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt, a 35cm estuary!

The first cod, already had a small bream in it's mouth, whilst the second had a crab (probably 5cm across) in its mouth. I can't believe the second one even looked at my tassie, the crab took up a decent part of its mouth!

Here's the second cod:

[img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/01_01_2007_Terrys_35cm_Estuary_Cod.jpg

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/01/02 06:17

post-126-144598404817_thumb.jpg

yeah kezza.

Angus - I keep losing them:| lost one to that cod, then later on it was dark - cast into the trees across the creek. Lost one today in a tree, didn't realise the excess line floated into the tree (during casting). Lost another one on some snag.

Lost another at baroon fighting my 2nd tree at that spot where Ash was fighting his.

I'm all out of tassies:(

Should be able to get two of them on a low tide though. I love the tassies. Just wish I didn't leave them near my PC for 3 months before using them:(

Were you fishing in Shultz canal ar the kedron brook floodway? The kedron brook floodway is accessed via Nudgee road and has a boat ramp and pontoon and plenty of access all the way to the mouth whereas shultz canal itself can only be accessed by parking beside the gateway and walking in.Please correct me if I am wrong as I only fish the area by boat launched in the floodway.

Ray

Ray, as I'm sure you know, The mouth of that body of water is Jackson Creek (according to Beacon to Beacon). Then that becomes the Kedron Brook Floodway. After a while in, it becomes Schulz Canal - this is where a small canal joins up with the main creek. After a while of Schulz canal (somewhere near Toombul shopping centre I believe) it becomes the Kedron Brook.

This creek/canal/floodway goes through many different name changes, so it's easy to be confused!

Ray, you can park in between the Gateway and Nudgee Road (where they cross the canal), however we park on the north side - down some little dirt track. Most people park on the south side of it. We go near a little footbridge (gotta walk from the gateway) but have certainly been much further up (by foot - following that bike track)

kezza: There's actually a few canals/creeks in the airport grounds. Serpentine creek goes almost to the runway

Archived