Southport seawall - sat 07MAR

yoyo

Sportsfans,

Gonna hit the seawall for the first time tonmorrow morning, will be using a variety of lures in my bottomless bag of tricks.

As per the horse of a Jack I caught at Bretto's hot bream spot, it's well-established that I am an arsey b@stard..... so does anyone have any tips for me for fishing lures from the seawall ?

From what i hear, i can pretty much expect to be hooking up with anything from bream to mackeral......:woohoo:

thanks

Yox2

well .. nah be prepared for whatever u are targetting .. i remember watching a guy hurl 100gram raider lures off the end for trevally of around 2-4kgs and he'd then drag them up the rocks, he had a big outfit with heavy line.. rugged place with a shelf that juts out on the inside for most of the way out .. big current .. visually very nice .. tackle wise evvilllllllll ... zoom in thru google maps and have a look

I had heard of reports of all kind of big uglies lurking the sea way so took my 10ft live bait stik down with 12 lb pre test mono on a ABU 7000 casted slugs over the bust ups and

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ bang :angry: lets try that again ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ bang really :angry:

my guess was kingies but you need to stop em in their tracks or by by lure and trace rubbed of on the mono every time

Don't get me wrong I love fishing light but IMHO that ain't the place to do it :silly:

Gaz

so gazza you're fishing from a high angle there with a 10ft rod, are you saying the kingies headed crazy ivan deep straight away, thus your line angle brought the rocks under your feet into play ?

well...puck it, i'm always keen for a challenge...... 6lb braid on the 1500 and i will take the 2500 with 16lb braid on it if i have to take the gloves off.......

Yoyo

If your fisin the south wall fish by the pipe or in front of the vmr tower, i prefer the north wall if your in a boat.I only ever use 12lb max.but if your fisin from or into the rocks go bigger.

Yes you can literally hook up with anything.

good luck

I will be going past about 4.45 ish out to mermaid chasing macks.

Bri.

Archived