State Of Origin Fishing Competition

AFO

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't fished down that way in ages so looking forward to this one :)

[img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/competitions/stateoforigin/logo_bcf.jpg

Also seeing as though BCF are sponsoring this event, the more support people show them via our website the more chance we will have of better support in the future.

So go check out their site and the great boating, camping and fishing items they have in stock.

www.bcf.com.au

Johnny wrote:

[img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/images/stories/competitions/stateoforigin/logo_bcf.jpg

Also seeing as though BCF are sponsoring this event, the more support people show them via our website the more chance we will have of better support in the future.

So go check out their site and the great boating, camping and fishing items they have in stock.

www.bcf.com.au

Yeah good on ya BCF, I'll be stocking up for sure, in fact I'll be there today.You got the best range at the best prices. How about giving plenty of credits for the many $$$ I've spent over the years. Just have a look at my BCF club card statement. ;)

For those who don't know - you can pick up some great discounts after you sign up to BCF Club. You get members price on heaps of stuff.

Prof has whacked up a map showing the green zones on the NCF site. Basically if you stick in the main river your ok, The northern arm is off limits, you can fish the southern arm down to the bowls club. The ocean beaches you have to look at the map so nip to th eNCF site to have a look and be sure!

Angus has been talking about this non stop. A special thanks must go out to the crew at BCF that have helped make this happen, Tom, Ben and Beth. Angus has been dealing with these guys a fair bit and they have been most helpful. Lets make this a great event to encourage future collaborations. I know where ill be letting Angus spend his pocket money for this one. :)

See you all down there.

Angus quite a few of us staying at the park now, How about hitting up Steve and Jo from Ferry Reserve to donate a perpetual trophy to hang in the Van park, so the New South Weslhmen can drop in and remind themselves who kicked their buts as the years go by! :evil:

Feral wrote:

Angus quite a few of us staying at the park now, How about hitting up Steve and Jo from Ferry Reserve to donate a perpetual trophy to hang in the Van park, so the New South Weslhmen can drop in and remind themselves who kicked their buts as the years go by! :evil:

HAhahaha what a great idea Feral

this is shaping up to be a must attend event on the afo calendar, for this year and many more to follow. so i'm there along with a deckie trwarren, alias trav, a special mention and thank you must also go to bcf for their efforts and time into sponsoring the event, so i for 1 applaud your efforts, and once again thanks. no doubt us lads will be trying to bring back bragging wrights and can boast about who are the best mob for that year anyway, a thank you must also go out to those attending the event as with out you all, this would not have been possible. also to the creatooor, i bow to you!!!! lol.

note to BCF. you better have plenty of baby vibes in stock, i'm commin your way.

Hey rob dont clean BCF out as I want some baby vibes aswell to use at the stateof origin comp, proberly need a new rod too and reel although you could whip those roaches with a old coke bottle hand line.Good to see some qualty sponcors like bcf getting involved

I just popped onto the NCFishing site to poke a stick at the Mexicans - it seems that we may be bringing more Cockroaches down from God's own country than NCF are bringing. Where's the NSW spirit (as tarnished as it might be after the footy last year). If anyone knows any Cockroaches get on the blower and get them along. If your Nanna is in NSW and can hold a rod she'd be a bonus for the boys in blue.

Puck me i wish i could make it along to this event, unfortunately I have a Marathon to run and the SOO Fish-Off is only 6 weeks out from it.... just cant afford a whole weekend off training at that point.... :(

I think it's pretty good of BCF to pony-up and support the AFO crew though, especially in light of recent comments I made re BCF that could have had management there reaching for a chux to remove some shite slung at them.

Maybe my comments rung true, maybe they didn't factor at all, but this kind of thing is exactly what i was referring to in regards to "doing the right thing by those that support you".

These days the power of online buying has come even more to the fore with the global financial crisis, and couple that with the ever-growing power of online communities like this one to make a serious impact on a local retailers bottom line (positive OR negative!), i think it's great to see BCF stand up and take notice.

I've always found the staff at various BCF stores in brissie and also the goldie to be exceptional, let it be clear that it was management i was taking a shot at previously, not the guys and girls on the frontline. Dave down at capalaba is the man if you've got any bream fishing Q's, a really great help...

Was in at cannon hill the other day and picked up some gulp shads and jig heads for a sesh this sunday down the goldie, cant wait !

I think they had their Tierra reels on sale recently too and i didnt get one....now i want one... :-(

Does anyone know where the map of camping sites went? Just in case it is gone I will re post below:

Light Blue: Ferry Reserve Camping Ground (where the majority of us seem to be at present).

Pink: Another Camp site.

Orange: Another Camp site. Good cabins here.

Light Green: The Pub :) See you there.

Cheers.

Angus [img size=300]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/streetmap-b8e3c63697cdf7676c870e8aacb673fd.JPG

Land Based fishing spots.

Hey guys, excuse my poor excuse for microsoft paint skills, but I thought id share some stuff with you.

The areas highlighted in green are spots I have had success in the Bruns land based to date. I thought this might be of interest to thise without boats.

These locations are fairly diverse including sand banks, channels and rocks walls and pretty much any of the target species of the comp could be caught in these areas.

Cheers. [img size=300]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/streetmap-2ff79533d4ef60d7414cae51d1122125.JPG

sweet :)

i will do a bit of both i think some boat fishing with a decky and the boy or on a boat as a decky or yack or canoe see what happens by then.and def some land based with the kids nice and relaxing .the fish i drink beer and relax. :)

oh i think we mite need a driver and a bus to get to the pub looks to far to walk for my liking. i got the bus ,the 4x4 sits 9 (not so squeezey)and a few on the roof rack .just need a designated driver

jimmybob wrote:

will there be much a talior run down there?..i have never fished the place before

Yes there will. The front rock walls are the best spot. I much prefer the norhern wall casting north. There is sort of a lagoon that forms there due to some rocky out crops.

Angus

kreel wrote:

I just popped onto the NCFishing site to poke a stick at the Mexicans - it seems that we may be bringing more Cockroaches down from God's own country than NCF are bringing. Where's the NSW spirit (as tarnished as it might be after the footy last year). If anyone knows any Cockroaches get on the blower and get them along. If your Nanna is in NSW and can hold a rod she'd be a bonus for the boys in blue.

I noticed that mate.

Considering we will be in enemy territory I think QLD is going to rep with some decent numbers!!

Angus

Well since I moved up here QLD I have never seen so many cockroach's and the farkers fly they dont do that down south LMAO

and you call us cockroach's found a new sport though running over cane toads on my newly aguired ride on mower yard looks like a trace your way home but still fun LMAO

Archived