to land based fishos lighting fires near the mouth

davefishmad

Well im well over litter bugs...

tierd of seeing somone enjoy a night by the fire and then leave litter and rubbish for all to see.

I will be keeping an eye out for any fire lighting littering ****. ;)

I am curious as who here lights fires while landbased fishing near the mouth?

surely noone here is stupid enough to litter, but we need to get the word out, that litter is just not on!

I see it as a major issue for river health and the well being of the bay, all the litter adds up into the tonnes and it all ends up in the bay, not to mention the fishing line that chokes animals.

dave

It bloody happens everywhere doesn't it. I went down to NPD the other day to see the water levels and have a quick fish. Very carefully picked up two plastic bags, the remains of about 3 sandcrabs someone had eaten there and as a result of all that seafood they must have decided to screw a couple of times and leave the used frangers lying there. Let me tell you, a long stick just isn't long enough when you have to pick that stuff up. This was in a public park area. Gross bastards !!!!!! :angry:

Dave sorry no info on the idiots at the mouth though ... :S

if i go for a land based fish, i would not hesitate to grab some dead branches from around the place to get a fire goin, i normally take bait in a garbage bag when i go for a fish and all the rubbish goes into that. i will normally leave a spot cleaner than when i arrived.

Clean Up Australia Day: Luggage Point Special.

Take a skip and fill it up down there.

Edit: for the most part most of the rubbish down there is in the grass, and not going to go into the water. But still, that's no excuse it's still pretty dirty down there.

i allways like to have a fire at pinkenba when fishing and normally i leave behind a couple of bricks and some old wood as i can never find enough when im there as with every one else i do of course clean up .if you guys like theres an anual clean up im the pine rivr the boys from prfma need as much help as they can get with that event good for a laugh to

jason

a few bricks or rocks and a bit of wood left there is ok.

that way the next guy uses the same spot . a neat little fire.

nothing wrong with that .if there is a bbq spot i will use that or make a fire on the dirt.

what pisses me off is when the make the fire on the new turf,when if it was a meter over there is dirt.then leave the food and beer bottles everywhere and broken sometimes too.

broken glass ,condoms and that sort of stuff really sh*ts me off.

they are vandals and should be dealt with the same as people who brake stuff etc.

i take shopping bags for my rubbish ,i try to remember to take extra for the crap left there and to use as gloves to pick the stuff up.

kooka park ,boat passage bridge would be the worst 2 i have been too.

DFO pontoon and colsmlie have had a rubbish on but have been clean last few times i have been there.which means there have been no grubs there or the fisho's are cleaning up the grubs crap.

sure make a mess have some fun then when u go do the check for gear and clean up.

i would say all the guys on there do the right thing and when they leave it's as clean or cleaner than when they got there.

i think its hoons teens that are leaveing the mess about.

i went down to coomera the other week for the first time and it was a great spot just where the fresh meets the salt water it looked so great until i came to the point an saw a burned out fire beer bottles there a load of cigarette but and just god dam rubbish,if they go down there they should just clean up these areas are for everybody to enjoy,what would they think if we went to there front lawn and started fires and had a booze up and leave our rubbish there, thats the problem they just dont think or care,but to the other 99% who do the right thing good on yar fellars

you should see some of the old campsites on the islands down the pin where assorted ferals and illegal crabbers have camped for years, solid carpets of old fashiond stubbies sunk in the mud so there is just an edge sticking out, old bedframes, chairs, freezers etc unless you get out of the boat and go for a bit of an explore you never see it

davefishmad wrote:

I can only say drunken teenagers could be responsible for such a mess.

dave

mate i dont think its fair to blaim teens... i have seen more fellas in there 20's 30's and 40's leaving bigger messes than teens

personally when i go landbased, theres an esky and plastic bags so all rubbish goes in either of them or even the floor of the car if theres no esky or plastic bags and then into the nearest bin

davefishmad wrote:

tierd of seeing somone enjoy a night by the fire and then leave litter and rubbish for all to see.

surely noone here is stupid enough to litter, but we need to get the word out, that litter is just not on!

I see it as a major issue for river health and the well being of the bay, all the litter adds up into the tonnes and it all ends up in the bay, not to mention the fishing line that chokes animals.

dave

did you clean up all the rubbish??

dunney wrote:

davefishmad wrote:

dave

did you clean up all the rubbish??

yes of course I did, the bin was 20 meters away

I will often pick up other people rubbish, I guess thats why it annoys me so much..

If I can do it then why can't they?

dave

reef_raider wrote:

davefishmad wrote:

I can only say drunken teenagers could be responsible for such a mess.

dave

mate i dont think its fair to blaim teens... i have seen more fellas in there 20's 30's and 40's leaving bigger messes than teens

personally when i go landbased, theres an esky and plastic bags so all rubbish goes in either of them or even the floor of the car if theres no esky or plastic bags and then into the nearest bin

don't get me wrong, I was a drunken teenager myself once, and its true we still managed to clean up next morning when we went out on a camp over.

So your right I shouldn't say that

dave

Archived