how to find a drop off

fishingboy

I've been watching fishing shows like fishing western australia and ifish and they say they've found a drop off. i was waondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to find a drop off looking out to the water and when im reeling in. and what sort of fish would be there.

your help would help me catch heps more fish

cheers charlie

fishingboy wrote:

I've been watching fishing shows like fishing western australia and ifish and they say they've found a drop off. i was waondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to find a drop off looking out to the water and when im reeling in. and what sort of fish would be there.

your help would help me catch heps more fish

cheers charlie

when the water goes over your head. :)

fishingboy wrote:

thanks mate i will keep a look out for one next time thats some nice snapper you have in your picture were did you catch them?

Mate i catch the snapper like that when the sand shifts and exposes the coffee rock ledges between hixson banks and east banks doing the drift towards venus banks on the NW side of moreton. The new green zone and yellow zone is right on the edge of it so i can still fish it at a certain time of the year haha :laugh:

Great tip from Rocket which will definately help you get more fish.. Find the drop off's and good structure on a low and come back and attack it on the high.. The amount of times I have fished a seemingly awesome looking snag on the high to come back on the low and figure out that 99.9% of the snag was all above the water.. Flathead are probably the most likely on drop off's but as the boys said it is a favourite for all fish..

• 5 weeks later...

hulk wrote:

You could be like my mate who found the drop off at Banksia Beach one day.He walked,he disappeared,his hat was there then he reappeared stating he had found the drop off :)

Hulk

hahaahaHAHAhaha lol:laugh: :laugh:

Archived