berkely frenzy hard bodies

roobs

big W (no, not the dam, the store) has berkly frenzy lures at about four dollars as well as a range of halco scorpions and g-vibes for not much more. has anyone used berkley frenzy lures before? i've got a selection of sizes and shapes to test this weekend.

Apart from 15+ diving lures, the berkley frenzys are about the only hardbody lure I troll behinf the kayak these days.

They have accounted for heaps of snapper, trevally, bream and cod. Thats just off Wello Point. The poppers are great for bass and saratoga. Some do have poor quality trebles, but for the price they are worth every cent.

[img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lure-366544e41588e01694bf2aecddfc9de0.jpg

heres one hanging out of a cods gob.

I picked a couple up for under $4

I went to get the missus layby out and nearly spent the grocery money when I went through the fishing section:cheer:

Will be trying mine out on sunday for the pirtec comp should be some lizards getting around with sore mouths come mondayB)

My experience is all good. Even when snagged the trebles will snap

so you get the lure back. :dry:

Now that's not a feature you get with all lures :P :laugh:

Good value for the dollars though. The hooks just seem more brittle than weak and a snag is generally harder to budge than a fish :unsure:

noname wrote:

i heard you were supposed to try them out again at boggy creek tonight brian, waited and waited for ya mate.

where were ya ???

Saw the rain coming in from the west on the way home. Had a change of heart :whistle: and then settled on the couch with some pizza and goodies to see my footy tipping stats improve ;)

After that was over I momentarily considered heading down, but thought it might be a good change to actually not sleep 1/2 the weekend daylight hours away :laugh: :blush:

Those HB are good value, I bought some as I liked the colors and changed the trebles on them. But what I did do before I changed the treble was give it a trial in the water to see their 'action'. Cause for the $ you pay, you wouldnt even get a meal deal at Maccas.

Archived