Best bait for guarenteed fish @ Jindalee

funkygas

I've been trying to get my daughter keen on a bit of fishing (just getting back into it myself!) but our first few outings at Jindalee pontoon (DFO) have been fruitless!

Does anyone have a recommendation for some bait that is a pretty sure bet of getting a quick bite? I've been mostly using squid. I'm thinking prawns are probably a better bet.

I caught a couple catfish with squid today (1.5 hrs), but my daughter(7) wouldn't last for even one hour if there was no action. She hasn't as yet caught anything, but once she reels that first on in, I reckon I'll have myself a fishing buddy!

AS nadder says, pillies or mullet. Prawns are also def worth a go as well though and you might score some bream as well. Although you can do this on mullet and pillies as well I guess.

Only gaurunteed bait.. Dynamite :P But seriously the fish still need to be there.

Take her down though, with the 3 above mentioned baits you are bound to get a catty or two.

Angus

Definately the humble servo prawn mate... I have found frozen squid to be the most fruitless of all servo bait. Mullet flesh will work well too.. But you cant beat the prawn. EVERYTHING will eat them.. And mainly small bream will keep her interested. Definately dont stay on as well as squid but I'll go out on a limb and say they catch more fish for sure.. Just remember to try and fish as light as the current allows. A little lighter line, small hook, light sinker and a prawn.. Your practically guaranteed to get her afew undersize bream at the very least!

Chris :)

Archived