Anzac Thready

jakhunta

Went fishing with Ricky(Devilfish) and our mate David who has never caught a fish before, apart from a couple of Barra fom Bli Bli fishing park. Headed out for the top of the tide between the mouth of the Brissy river and Bogggy creek. Aftre a pretty slow night David landed a 1 metre to the centimetre threadfin. When the fish emerged beside the boat both Ricky and I started carrying on like little kids about it being a thready to which David replied "Is that good"... the rest is history!

Hey awesome salmon mate, well done.

Are you guys fishing from land? I was down at Newstead last night and saw a guy land two huge salmon as well. I couldnt believe it. my first time fishing in the brisbane river and i didnt believe there was anything worth catching. guess i was wrong. Where abouts is this Boggy Creek? i want to give it a go...thanks

Bamfishing we fish out of a boat but having said that I think there are a couple of land based spots there where they catch threadfin. boggy creek is in pinkenba we usually fish the area from the start of the pipeline up to luggage point, which is the mouth of boggy creek to the mouth of the brisbane river.

Archived