Pine river 4/4/09

Whiskers

Took the brother inlaw out for his first fish in a boat, Had checked seabreeze and saw there was a bit of wind so didn't really have any high hopes.

On arrival to deep water I couln't beleive my eyes when I saw how many boats were out there!

So we droped the pots and had a troll for a while catching 2 dead crabpots,

then tryed some berkley gulp sandworms under the brigde, Plenty of nibbles but no hookups. Tryed a drift though the 50 boats out prawning till we got to dohles rocks and anchored up, Got a just legal breambo ,But unfortunatley coudn't put young Izaac onto a fish :(

Time to call it a day and check the pots (haven't had any luck in the pine for a while with crabs) pulled up the first pot and find a very healthy looking 1kg+ jenny so throw her back and get to the next pot, Hmmmm this pot is snagged or something did I put bricks in this thing? After a bloody hard trip to the top I can't beleive it 4 massive crabs! 2 jennys and 2 bucks :woohoo: Jennys went back and bucks into the esky.

Found out that Izaac has a fear of crabs so that was a bit of a laugh:lol:

Not a bad day but can't wait to take him out again soon and get him onto a fish! He had fun so I guess that's the most important thing.

Cameron

Feral wrote:

I'm itching to get a shot at the flats near dohles rocks in the yak this flattie season, but is been consistently to windy so far! Hoping for a light wind weekend soon!

Yeah despite the wind a lot of people had the same idea:)

Archived