Borumba Camping long Weekend

tomca

Took The other half camping up to Borumba Dam. She liked the look of it from the pics I took while up there last week.

Hit the water mid morning Sunday and headed up Borumba Creek armed with live shrimp. Nickers got busted off big time, so 1-0 to the bass. I managed fish in the 20's but Nic scored a couple of decent bass.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/nics_big_bass.jpg

After lunch we headed back to camp with Nic now knowing why I find bass so addictive.

Got to bed nice and early because monday was the day for serious sunrise fishing

Armed only with lures, we headed out at daybreak and the outboard started playing up.:(

Found a good looking bay and started casting around the edges and while minding my own business down my end of the boat, a scream to wake the dead up the bow end:ohmy:

I turn to see a BIG toga flying through the air with a popper being spat about 4m from its gob. She is shaken, but ok. True quote; I almost sh!t my pants" hahaha. What a girl. Next toga less impressive, but another first for her.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/nickers_toga.jpg

After this motor dies and fishing over.

That'll teach me to take motor to alleged good new marine shop. Should not have been lazy and driven up to my guy on the northside. Oh well, great weekend anyway.

Best part, she wants to go back again

Its easy to be outfished when I rig the biggest shrimp on her rod and give her my gun popper to use.

Even though the fish weren't coming my way, it was a great spot and a relaxing time.

I wasn't exactly trying too hard either. Saving my energy for the Bruns.

It was a great weekend. Such a beautiful spot!! It was a weekend of firsts... caught my first ever bass and toga and it was great fun!! Must admit catching the toga was exciting!! Yes.. i did scream.. but they were screams of excitement. Pity the big one got away!!

tomca wrote:

Its easy to be outfished when I rig the biggest shrimp on her rod and give her my gun popper to use.

Even though the fish weren't coming my way, it was a great spot and a relaxing time.

I wasn't exactly trying too hard either. Saving my energy for the Bruns.

Oh come on... i still did all the work reeling the fishies in!!! I'm sure it was just a fluke that i caught more fish that you!:P :P I'm sure it won't happen at Bruns... but how funny would it be if it does!! :kiss: :kiss:

Archived