Southside Haunt

ryanyoung

Hello all

Went down to Colmslie jetty this afternoon from 1520 until about 1745. Tried the pontoon with prawns with nil result, only a few bites. So I moved up to the jetty and tried sp's for a while, thinking that the outgoing tide was good for a bit of flathead near the mud to the west. Got nothing at all, so moved on to squid and got a fair few bites, mainly off crabs though. I finally cut up some servo mullet and gave that a crack. I immediately got some very strong bites but alas, no fish! I think I might be cutting the mullet too big for the size of the hook, any ideas anyone? Anyway, still an enjoyable afternoon. Next time I will fish mullet from the start and use smaller sized pieces, maybe that will work!? Anyway, take it easy everyone, and stay tuned.....I think I might be getting closer to a legal fish, first ever! Ha ha!

when you fish there, off the jetty, you need to cast out, nearly hitting that blue yacht, sometimes past it, he is sitting on the ledge, and thats where you have got to have your baits. only 2 mtrs deep in from that yacht, we use whole mullet and mac tuna baits, along with tailor fillets whole, boney bream up to 30cm have been absolutely nailed by something, as usual, just missing the hooks.

Archived