Fishing trip to Rockhampton

Astroboy

Hi Guys,

Am heading off on a drive to Rockhampton for work and have a free day to do abit of fishing somewhere on the way.

Does any1 know of any landbased spots?

I usually take my cast net and put a livie out there while flicking various SP's around waiting for that big run!

I know theres alot of fresh in the river systems at the moment and have fished abit from Bris to Noosa but if any1 knows of any water systems where anything mite be on the bite that would be greatly appreciated.

As always if theres anybody willing to have a fish on tthe way ill be leaving Tues morning from Bris

Cheers

Well lets see.

Lake Lenthalls a car destroying 30 minute detour (give it a miss unless really keen)

Lake Gregory about a 20 minute detour, only really fish from the rock wall or the ramp though

Lake Monduran about a 10 minute detour, fish from either ramp area is ok

Awoonga about a 15 minute detour, lots of bank to fish

mate just head straight to rocky,you can fish the fitzroy below and above the wier,you can go down to tompsons point and have a flick for fingermark or drive down to port alma and try for a few salmon..or you could drive to yeppoon and have a go at the causeway lake for salmon barra jack sweetlip queenies and big trevs.or you could go up to the roslyn bay boat harbour and try for a black jew.to the south of yeppoon you could go to emu park and try the cooroman creek..theres quite a few places up around rocky that fish really well and can surprise you a lot..good luck and i hope this helped ya mate.

Archived