Known safe skippers that offer Deckie Spots.

shortie

Just saw the thread

Id say Tugger

Knows what hes doing. Knows when to call it quits and a sensible in the water.

Worst deckies....

My mates lol( not on site)

Dont want to chip in fuel

Dont bring own gear

Have sook if we dont catch fish

Always want to go home

Always get sick

Have to take them because i got no one to go with when my brother or good mate at work

I'd vote for tugger, I like your list and its worse if you are a catholic and live in guilt, you should try running a charter boat and when people dont catch fish.

It s the same for people who take out deckies , we all try to give people a good day.

On a lighter note we had a very large Tiger Shark at Curtin taking fish as we caught them yesterday.

a bit scary considering there are often divers there.

Just saw the thread

Id say Tugger

Knows what hes doing. Knows when to call it quits and a sensible in the water.

Worst deckies....

My mates lol( not on site)

Dont want to chip in fuel

Dont bring own gear

Have sook if we dont catch fish

Always want to go home

Always get sick

Have to take them because i got no one to go with when my brother or good mate at work

I have the exact same problem lol as well as little geographical knowledge lol

Zano, When his boat doesn't malfunction ;);) Not me, I go too fast and stuff flies everywhere if you haven't got it tied down :lol: :silly:

Hahaha you need to sign a waiver when going out with Eddie :)

Was still good fun though mate, at least if you lose a rod on his boat you don't have to pay for fuel :silly:

and you used to go to ippy ;)
at least I don't think of taking my little tinny out in the bay in massive seas and huge winds and go to a GPS school that cannot win any GPS titles and has a reputation for making love to dogs, woof woof woof!! :whistle: :lol:

settle down now, no need to have a cry about it ;) hahaaha :whistle:

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

mate people offer decky spots quite regularly.

a lot of skippers such as myself have regular crew members such as mates, family, the mrs etc who they ask first, and if no-one is available they will then post up for deckies. best thing to do is to keep your eye on the forum and if an opportunity presents itself jump on it ASAP.

• 1 month later...

G'day everyone, looking for a someone who needs an experienced decky/fishing partner. I've fished Oz & the USA, owned my own boats so know aft from bow and starboard from port. Built rods as a semi-pro many years ago and have been an IGFA sportfisherman. Have my own gear and more, make some gear also and more than happy to help with costs, cleaning, maintenance, backing the boat, cleaning on way in, etc. Know what it takes to have and maintain boats n gear and like to take pride in mine and will do the same with yours. (and the same if I'm providing gear). Prefer off shore and pelagics but happy to be on the water. Not a brisbane native but learning and know how to read the water etc. I fish it all from lures, plastics and bait and not afraid to share an unbalanced catch or "lucky side". I have no problems in sharing my knowledge or experience,after all we all want the same thing, a great time on the water and some fish to feed the family after enjoying the day/night out.

Usually available at short notice as my time at present is flexible and there always bait of some sort in the freezer or BCF is 600m's away!

I'm based in Bris at present but happy to drive north or south.

PM me for ph No and any other details

Cheers n tight lines

• AFO unpinned this topic

Archived