Bulimba aquarium passage

ThePush

G'day anglers,

This is a question for those more seasoned anglers of Brisbane river. I've been doing a fair bit of walking and investigating of the Bulimba aquarium passage on both sides of the bank looking for likely spots. I reckon it might be time to pick the right tide and bait/lures to have aserious go at it. On Sat morning I walked the banks flicking my lures with only one follow but the tide was well down and it was getting towards mid-morning. I wanted to check the river out at low tide for any structure and deeper parts and there seem to be some promising spots. There's lots of bait and there were a couple of blokes casting in the creek for prawns (I think).

I was thinking of hitting it during the evening on a rising tide. I'm land-based and am just wanting to know whether I'm wasting my time. Have others done alright there? It might sound as though I'm looking for the easy option but lately I've been putting the hard yards in with little return and my patience for another fruitless session is wearing thin. Also, I'm dubious about eating fish from the Brissy river and creek system. Mostly I catch and release but I do like to bring the occasional fresh catch home to keep the missus happy;)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 6 years later...

I was just searching through the forum and was wondering about Aquarium Passage/Bulimba Creek. Found this really old unanswered post. I have heard some bad things but I work on Gibson Island and have found an easy access point. Would I be wasting my time putting the kayak in and flicking a few SP's around?

Getting out for a flick is never a waste of time, there'd be the usual suspects in there I'm sure. I haven't fished it personally but I'd say the same as everywhere else, target the structure and you'll be in with a shot at something.

Yeah, that's it mate.

I have a bit of time to waste between when I finish work and my wife finishes, so should be able to put a few hours into it to see what's about.

Archived