why so slowwwwwwww???

Frenzy

Why is this website so pathetically slow????? :angry:

I see you're asking for monetary donations..........will the donations be used to purchase a new server??? I'm hoping.

Out of all the fishing forums I look at (7 regularly), this is the slowest by a country mile!

What's the problem??????

Cheers Frenzy.

Frenzy: The donation request is because of the website speed. We are working on upgrading software and servers to ensure the best performance possible. However on a site such as this which recieves over 6 million hits per month, a stable suitable server does not come cheap. We ask our members, especially considering it costs $0 to join and use every aspect of the site, to be patient while we resolve these issues.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Frenzy: The donation request is because of the website speed. We are working on upgrading software and servers to ensure the best performance possible. However on a site such as this which recieves over 6 million hits per month, a stable suitable server does not come cheap. We ask our members, especially considering it costs $0 to join and use every aspect of the site, to be patient while we resolve these issues.

Angus

Thanks Angus.

We have seen our costs for running the site skyrocket in the last year and as we become bigger so does the need for better equipment/hardware. We provide this site as a labour of love and to promote fishing in our region. The donations are purely for those that may want to give back to the site - maybe it has helped you form new friendships, helped you catch your first fish on soft plastics, introduced you to freshwater fishing etc.

You can rest assured that any money we receive goes directly back into the site (those that know some of the admin will attest to this). Hopefully we can get ontop of these issues soon and provide and stable and nippy site.

:)

Archived