Daiwa - Exceler Oceano 4500J

rastus

Hey there,

I just purchased a Shimano Bluewater Graphite 701 SWM, it is a 7' one piece rod with a line weight of 8-10kg. I matched it up with a Shimano Sedona 6000FB reel. I haven't caught much off it yet, but it sure does launch heavier jigheads an absolute mile. I use it as an all-rounder, off the beach, rocks, boat and all spots landbased. I have it set up with 300yds of 20lb braid, and there is still room on the spool. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Yeah from mo I found it on another site for 198 so I sent them an email I have just found a starlo stix jig rod on another site for 80 so I will be sending them another email. Itlooks like I am going to have another combo. I'm on my iPhone so I don't have thelinks on me but I'll post them later if people are interested now all I need is to find a place online to get some cheap braid and get mo to beat it

I don't know if anyone is still interested but I went to several shops tonight looking for a jig rod I like I had to see then and play with thn I couldnot just buy one off the net not knowing how the grip was etc.. I decided on a

bcf exclusive shimano jigging rod 2 piece I went to tackleWorld and tried real hard to convence myself on the berkley diablo but it did not feel right and the rest were out of my price range and for $120 the bcf special suited me and had the better jig weight range.

So I got it home and put 8000 spin fisher on it and it was made for it feels solid and with the heave reel does not seem out of place so now I think I still need to get a new rod for the 4500j. Might go the starlo stix from tackleworld the guy there spent time with me and I felt bad going back to bcf after.

Well that was my rant if you made it this far thanks for reading

I have that reel matched to a Strudwick bluewater 10-15kg and despite the size of the rod (10-15) it's surprisingly springy and maybe the best all round rod i have. Great for casting, popping, trolling and even use it for a bit more feel when bottom bashing occasionally. Depends on what you're going to use it for i guess

Archived