fish tank

shortie

Adam,

i would like to tell you that all your pets are still alive. But ummm, ooops i cant.

ive got 2 males left, and 1 female is dead.

Had a little accident concerning the filter. The Mrs accidently unplugged it 1 morning. When i saw the carnage it wasnt pretty.

I lost quite a few fish.

And another time she let cockroach bombs off in the house. OOPS.

But we are still learning. they havnt had any youngens yet in my tank. Ellicat reckon i clean the tank tooften and probabally suck out all the babies without realising. Or the other tank Mates eat em before i realise.

Will try to get them breeing in the new tanks.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got 5 bass fingerlings (courtesy of elops) and one shrimp... all doing healthy and growing big.

have got the bass jumping out to take food from a little skewer but they've been quite fussy about eating. trying to get them to eat little bugs but they seem to only want prawns and shrimp. DSC05771_Medium.JPGDSC05776_Medium.JPG

angel fish are a rewarding and graceful fish to keep. they need some care but will breed for many years and are good parents. tetras are nice to keep in schools and a big tank devoted to four or five different species is a joy, as well as being easy to maintain becuase of low bio-load. african butterfly fish are awesome as are togas for topwater. avoid eels, rays and seahorses. they are nothing but heartache.

i found a new way to feed Jack today.

If i hold a live goldfish by the tail he will take it out of my hands.

I learnt an important lesson after feeding him 2 goldfish.

I then used a swordtail. (Smaller than a goldfish.)

I now have 2 puncture wounds in my finger. Yes it hurt. LOL.

Ans scared the crap outa me.

I pulled my hand away so quickly that i smashed a tank lid that i had sitting on the top of the tank.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ive got 11 African haps(cichlids) need to get a bigger tank as they are rapidly outgrowing my current one.

Ive also got a little 8lt tank that i have a bunch of japanese Rice fish i cought at a lake, cant remember its name, its not far from lake samsonvale. guess somone had them as pet fish and released them there and now they are breeding out of controll. ill prob feed them to my cichlids lol.

Later-

Archived