KFC a bit slow

Dinodadog

Went up to the Kilcoy end of somerset today in the hope of getting some spring yellas, but found the yellas were hiding. My neighbour Bruce managed to jag one when we run over a bit of shallow water, I told him to lift his rod up and as he did he got hit. I saved having to drop my duds by getting a banded grunter just before we left for home. Ray got a couple of fish in his boat.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Bruce's yella 001-20090910.JPG

As Dino reported pretty slow.We trolled for over 3 hours without even a hit and baited fished for a while where we fot 2 tandanus. ( John Ford the destroyer one and myself one.)

I gave my new 40lb bow mount watersnake a good workout and was very pleased with its performance. Max speed 3.5 kph by gps and after over 3 hours continuous trolling at 2.5 kph the voltage of the 80a/h battery was still 12.5 volts.Thanks Nabeel.

How John earned his nick name.

My boat has high rails all round and is quite difficult for old buggers like us to get into so we have evolved a practice of everyone getting on one side to tilt the boat to make it easy to get into.

Well when we came into the ramp we all got on one side and Graham ( Squeaky)was straddling the rail half in and out when John decided that he would get out on the other side of the boat leaving Graham stranded by his family jewels. OUCH.

We then loaded the boat on the trailer and proceeded to sort out our gear and stow it away.

Graham strapped his 3 rods together ready to be stowed when John decided that he would put them in the boat and proceeded to pick up the bundle by the tip of the egrell.

OH SHEIZENHAUSER.John said oops and Graham said a lot.

Egrell now 4 inches shorter.

Result Graham dropped into Fishhead and picked himself up another egrell reduced from $450 to $325 so he ended upgrading from a bear to an egrell for less than he paid for the bear 2 years ago.

He still isn't really happy .

Dino and Bruce really cant help themselves saw them having a throw in the Stanley on the way home.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Ray

Archived