Police run Top End fishing competitions

John

Ah have a look at the story mate! ;)

Looks like they have rounded up the local kids and are teaching them something besides glue and petrol sniffing.

Great idea, teaches these kids the coppers are not the enemy, and that there are interesting things to do other than destructive things!

Also wins a few more kids away from the greenies! Thats always good!

Feral wrote:

Ah have a look at the story mate! ;)

Looks like they have rounded up the local kids and are teaching them something besides glue and petrol sniffing.

Great idea, teaches these kids the coppers are not the enemy, and that there are interesting things to do other than destructive things!

Also wins a few more kids away from the greenies! Thats always good!

Too right Feral.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
seems good but once a year,what will they get up to the other 350 odd days, :S

hopefully the fish more hey .

wonder if they give the kids the hand lines to keep .

be a good idea i think as at least if they got some gear ,they mite keep going fishing .

Spot on Davo its like footy or whatever give kids something to do like fun and yeah they will do it

noname wrote:

it would be for sale down the local cashies to get more money for glue
Rob, you're a man with a lot of knowledge to offer and maybe a bit of spare time. Maybe something you could do locally to help some of these kids? I can see you as a bit of Clint Eastwood character from Grand Torino.

I think that it is an excellent initiave and wish them well.

Locally the PRFMA is involved in 3 different projects over the school holidays.

1 “Fish for the Futureâ€

We have contracted with MBRC Environmental Services to produce a junior fishing day focussing on the environmental issues likely to affect our fisheries into the future and how our kids can make a difference. The event will be held at Bullocky Rest, Lake Samsonvale on Saturday the 9th of January commencing at 8.00AM

2.“SHAFTâ€

As usual we are supporting the council school holidays program and our friends the Petrie Lions. The event will be held on Friday the 22nd of January at Mick Hanfling Park, Lake Kurwongbah. This is only a small part of a large range of activities available to high school students years 8 - 12 who either live or attend high school in the Pine Rivers Area. If any of your kids fall into this catergory please google shaft and have a look at what is available.

3“Australia Day Family Fishing Eventâ€

This will be held at Mick Hanfling Park, Lake Kurwongbah, on 26th January commencing at 6:30 am.

A write up of last years activities is

australianfishing.com.au/index.php?...&id=268&Itemid=235 - Cached

Dunno if the link will work . The post is called the lure of holiday fun.

It is so easy to blast kids for getting into trouble yet so few people are prepared to give a bit of time to help the kids to experience something different that may have a large impact on their future.

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

This is only a small part of a large range of activities available to high school students years 8 - 12 who either live or attend high school in the Pine Rivers Area. If any of your kids fall into this catergory please google shaft and have a look at what is available.

Dont get me started, 2 years the Moreton Council has been amalgamated and still my kids cant go to any of these!

NOT HAPPY JAN!

Feral wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:

This is only a small part of a large range of activities available to high school students years 8 - 12 who either live or attend high school in the Pine Rivers Area. If any of your kids fall into this catergory please google shaft and have a look at what is available.

Dont get me started, 2 years the Moreton Council has been amalgamated and still my kids cant go to any of these!

NOT HAPPY JAN!

Get onto David Dwyer.

Cheers

Ray

Archived