Somerset and Wivenhoe

Brian D

jeff f wrote:

i'll be in it for sommerset just have to arrange my rdo for the decided upon date as i haven't been there long enough to go throwin sickies yet:P

you're welcome to come with me travis

Jeff, you can take TRAVIS, he can catch catties and leave the bass for us. :laugh:

Well if there are a few of us there, makes Ramp not a worry, can always assist each other if there are problems.

During the week sounds a good idea, I'd be up for it, I'll take the silver bullet. She holds 5, so if Ferg comes, its probably comfortable for at least one or two more!

Cant be labour day though, I am marching! (Free food, free grog, get to boo beattie!, better than fishing!)

bass are good to catch you set up if your not on within 5 mins pack up and move on they are good fun

well i have no college during may so brian throw down a midweek date and ill meet you guys there

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/25 11:38

Which date are we looking at the 8th or 12th?

Graham and myself are avail any day. If we go on a weekend if we keep north of kirkleigh there is a 6knot speed limit due to low water levels and lots ox exposed timber the jet skis etc shouldnt be a bother. I dont think that the gate opens till 7am but if you ring up they will give you a temporoary pin number to get in but you would have to prearrange your permit. The paper shop in Fernvale sells them and opens early. Permit costs $15 per boat and lasts for one week or $100 yearly.

I dont think that the ramp down at dam wall is gated but that is where the ski boats congerate and would be busy on the weekend.

There is a log cabin at kirkleigh for rent it costs $270 for either friday till monday or the same from monday to friday. It is fully self contained and accomodates 8 people in 3 sets bunks and one double bed.

The charges are for up to 4 people and $10 or $15 ( im uncertain) for extras. Is there any interest in a longer stay??

I would forget Wivenhoe untill it gets colder and preferably rains. I had a look at the temporary ramp about a month ago and it appeared to be soft underneath, It could have improved but when looked everyone was launching by carrying boats to water.

Ray

OK - Here it is - How about Sunday 13th May 2007 for a day trip. It will be getting cold so hopefully the jet ski numbers will be down.

If agreed to date I can organise bums on seats in boats and time. To start, I say leave home at about 2.30am for dawn launch.

Ray,I actualy think the open ramp near the wall would be OK - when I was there last month there were 2wd cars unloading from the side of the dam better then the ramp. I don't know the other ramp so I might be wrong.

Those who want live baits - maybe we can get an order together for live shrimp.

Brian I was talking about the wivenhoe ramp being iffy there are no worries at somerset. For shrimp a bulk order through Steve Wilkes would be the go I think that he gets his order in on thursdays and needs a weeks notice. I could pick them up and keep them in my tank till needed.

The water skiers are there all winter so I think Kirkleigh would be better option ( personal opinion only) as I hate fishing amongst the skiers and I know that they also hate fishers pulling up in the middle of their run.

There are quite a few people who fish from yaks at kirkleigh and a bonus of fishing from a yak or canoe is that no permit is needed. Last time I was there the yak guys were dragging some big yellas out of the shallows in the timber.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/03/26 16:58

Brian, ya boofhead, thats mothers day, you trying to get me killed or what! :pinch:

I think some serious bribery may convince the \"trouble and strife\" to celebrate mothers day a day early.

Angus there will be seats available in boats for sure.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/26 18:09

Woops - sorry guys (thanks Feral)

Here's my problems

Saturday People work:P

The week after is too close to Hinze trip:ohmy:

The week before I am booked in the salt water breaming.;)

So Sat 12th of May or push it out to July? Any clues?:(

Maybe if it's July Oz can bring his GF, mum and grannie with him. :woohoo:

Sorry again - it's hard to get good dates that suit all - mothes day - blurb 'd' blurb.:pinch:

Righto then Brian I'll go with that date. There will be Ferg and I in the Silver Bullet, 1 seat definitely available, probably squeeze 2 in ( can legally take 5, but cuts down on fishing room to much when casting) top speed is about 10kph on the 6hp though, so take a little while to get into position.

Archived