Wondering were to Pump Gold Coast Yabbies

rosstralia46

Just wondering were a few spots are on the gold coast to get some yabbies and I can't be bothered going down to Tallebudgera creek more looking for some where around Southport.

P.S has anyone fished that knew jetty thing at southport thinking of using chicken breast and sp's tomoorrow morning around canals all advice welcome \

Cheer's Ross

starting from the little beach beside seaworld all the way up to the spit, there are yabbies holes all over at low tide.

even at the end of the spit where it curves around/ where the boats are parked in the middle.. there are yabbie banks everywhere.

like i said, go on low tide and you'll get heaps

in brisbane, there's a little beach at wynnum beside the rock wall that has a couple of yabbies on low tide too

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ross,I'm taking my family & some of the kids friends families down to tally creek over the may weekend and most of the kids have only ever fished once before and that was last time we were camping up in hervey bay last year.I took them all for a yabbie hunt up there & it was a great hit, so much fun for all the kids .my question is is there anywere specifically on tally creek that I could take the kids for a yabbie hunt for a bit of fun .any advise would be great

cheers

shubeej

large yabby bank just east of the M1 bridge over talley creek - you can see the bank as you head south over the M1 bridge.

dries on low tide and plenty there, including some bigger ones. access is from under the bridge on the southern side

marty

the best yabbie bank in tallebudgera ck is down tallebudgera drive which runs parallel to the creek and after you go over the second bridge over the canal there is a carpark 100m on from there is tracks leading down to the creek take the one leading off to the right and at low tide there are loads of yabbies on the sand spit if you have a boat go past the island with trees on it and give the next isolated sand bank on a go at low tide

mark

Out the mouth of Tingalpa creek on low tide there is a sand island that is absolutely chock o block full of yabbies, big ones, small ones, as many as you want. I normally get about 6 yabbies per pump.

If im going fishing down the coast I normally stock up on them here rather than pump them down the coast..cheers Beejay

Archived