2010 Summer Classic

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2010 Summer Classic **

logo_summer_classic_2010.gif

AFO members and friends are all invited to compete in the annual 2010 Summer Classic fishing competition being held in the Bribie Passage on Saturday 13th February 2010. This is AFO's hot weather competition, a merging of previous year's Kayak Socials, Flathead Socials and Mangrove Jack Socials.

TIME AND VENUE:

Event Headquarters (HQ) will be at the park near the boat ramp at Spinnaker Sound, off Caboolture-Bribie Island Road, Sandstone Point (near Bribie Island) at the point marked in the map in the article. The Event Headquarters is where you need to report for your pre-fishing briefing and also for weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation.The 2010 Summer Classic fishing competition runs from 04:00am Saturday 13th February 2010 - 4:00pm 13th February 2010, with prize and trophy presentation at 4:00pm.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

Early Bird entry fees if paid before 29th January 2010 are $20 per competitor. Entries made after this date are $30 per competitor. You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event is $40 per competitor and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All entrants must report to the Event HQ before commencing fishing in the competition to receive the event briefing and sign Competitor Participation form. The Event HQ will be open from 4am - 4pm to report for briefing and submit entries of fish. Upon successfully reporting to the Event HQ each angler will receive a unique competitor's number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The boundaries for the competition are from the Bridge to the south, and then the Caloundra Bar to the North including all creeks and tributaries. Entrants may fish anywhere in between these limits. Entrants are advised to seek authority from private owners if intending to fish from the bank of privately owned land.

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1) LONGEST BREAM

This category will consist of any Pikey or Yellowfin Bream. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Bream over the course of the competition. One Bream per angler per competition able to be submitted.

2) LONGEST FLATHEAD

This category will consist of any Flathead species in Queensland. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Flathead over the course of the competition. One Flathead photo per angler per competition able to be submitted. (Photo entry allowed for oversized fish as per the AFO Standard Event Terms and Conditions)

3) LONGEST MANGROVE JACK

This category will consist of any Mangrove Jack. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Mangrove Jack over the course of the competition. One Mangrove Jack per angler per competition able to be submitted.

STANDARD EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

By agreeing to compete in the 2009 Lemax Brisbane River Classic you also agree to our Standard Event Terms and Conditions which can be found Here

PRIZES:

At this stage we are still finalising prizes but we will ensure that prizes will be at least worth the stated amounts below

Longest Bream - Prize valued at over $200

Longest Flathead - Prize valued at over $200

Longest Mangrove Jack - Prize valued at over $300

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Registration is done by going to www.australianfishing.com.au and click on Competitions > Event Registration from the main menu. Now simply follow the easy process and pay online

If paying direct deposit our bank details are:- Bank Name: Bank of Qld, Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online, BSB: 124 001, Account Number: 20881585 and you MUST put your name in the transaction description/ reference.

Please make all cheques/money orders payable to ‘Brisbane Fishing Online’ and note that your registration will only occur after money has cleared into our account.

Registration fee payments can be done by Paypal, Direct Deposit, Cheque and Money Order (cash only if paying and registering at the event)

Please make sure you read and understand the information and rules above as well as our Standard Event Terms and Conditions before registering. If you experience any problems registering please email the admin team or post in the Summer Classic forum category (you will need to be a AFO member to access the forum)

You can register online now for the 2010 Summer Classic fishing competition

Whiskers wrote:

Will there be any merch at the HQ? ie shirts or stickers ect.

Wouldn't mind getting a AFO sticker for my boat.

Cam :)

Unfortunately we don't really have much merchandise in stock, although we will bring what we have. We are currently trying to replenish our funds to be able to order some stickers etc.

So probably later in the year for merchandise unfortunately.

Signed on for this.

Will be driving back from Sydney the day before so the early starts going to be a bit rough but I'm still looking forward to wetting a line.

Lookes like Reefraider is working so I could have a deckie spot available if any one interested. I will confirm this early next week.

hey peeps :) seriously thinkin bout it hey ??? missus wants to enter me for a valintines present :silly: now that is sus??? :P lol never been in a comp B4, gunna invite a few mates{1 of em has a sik boat yippee lol ]fished the passage a few times and can see us getting on to a few of those local lizards ;) well hopefully lol proab see yas all there sounding better by the minute !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Enormoss wrote:

hey peeps :) seriously thinkin bout it hey ??? missus wants to enter me for a valintines present :silly: now that is sus??? :P lol never been in a comp B4, gunna invite a few mates{1 of em has a sik boat yippee lol ]fished the passage a few times and can see us getting on to a few of those local lizards ;) well hopefully lol proab see yas all there sounding better by the minute !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hope to see you there mate its always good to see new faces :)

Angus

Travis wrote:

Riteo im in, registered but will do a transfer tom as this sh!t house laptop wont get on net bank :huh: Thinking of a solo mission for this one, they seem to have better results... and bait collecting is allowed before 4am?

Bait collection is allowed prior to competition commencement yes.

Bait can also be collected outside of competition boundaries.

It is basically the targeting of and catching of designated competition species that must occur within the allocated time frames. As well of course as the registration and photo entry.

Feral wrote:

I'm going to see if I can wander over for a look, catch up with a few faces. With the missus working weekends I dont get to hardly any events anymore as I am baby sitting all the time.

See you there Feral. Obviously the 4:00pm time frame is prob the better one :)

Angus

Archived