Big Set of Cods....

chris_stewart14

Went Jacking Friday night and came up with two thumper Cod... A 62 (1cm short of a PB) and a 60.5... The 60.5 was very pale so me and my mate called it for a Jack as we got a big flash of silver and had no head lamp so it was very touch and go on the rocks with the net shot... Have since learnt it's a Gold Spot which is an offshore variety normally.. Really weird but both fish were caught in two different spots and nearly identical size.. Due to site rules it'll just haveto be the Mat shot of the Gold Spot sorry..

Chris

Went out today during the tiny break in the rain to chase some Bream and found a tiny little baby duck swimming in the canal lonesome that swam over to me - I crouched down and held out my hand and it just waddled over & hopped into my hand.. "The Duck Whisperer"... :) Mad! Cod_me.jpg

I took my shirt off and made it a little nest and it fell asleep for around an hour... I went looking for a nest or any ducks around and couldn't find any unfortunately.. I wanted to take it home but didn't want it to miss the opportunity of it's mother finding it.. His wings didnt even work yet so I was concerned for him and predators but after awhile he got up and walked back into the reeds and I let him go in the hope that maybe his mother would find him.. Fingers crossed.

you again! Hahaha...great job with the cods! I was looking at the duckling picture and was thinking...sooooooo cute!!! And then I had to scroll down half a dozen or so posts that were encouraging you to eat it...use it as bait...etc....hahahaha. Lot of hungry guys out there I guess.

Keep it up B) You're giving us quite a tour of Australian fish species.

Archived