NPD Seminar 23/6/10

rayke1938

Due to the large number of boating access scheme permit holders the PRFMA held a seminar on fishing NPD last night at Northside Marine. It was a very well attended event with over 90 participants mostly drawn from new permit holders.

First speaker was PRFMA president Ross Cobb who gave a overview of the history of the dam and some hints on yakking the dam.

Next up was Glen Reilly ( AFO member basslegend)who spoke about boat set up, battery selection and trolling in the dam.

Next up was AFO member Dinodadog who stole the show with his lecture on bait fishing ,shrimp collection hints, and a lot more of his secrets. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Then Tim Morgan from BLA gave a very informative talk on the latest minnkota products.

( I want a new I pilot )

Also a lot of good advice on motor selection.

He then gave a very good lecture on Humminbird side imaging and how to use it to best advantage. ( Very helpful to me as I have just purchased one.)

Forgot to mention the great gourmet sausage sizzle put on by PRFMA master chef Paul Osbourne and helpers.

Bla donated a humminbird sounder which was raffled to raise funds for PRFMA.

Northside marine generously donated their premises for the event and had some great specials on for attendees and in conjunction with Club Marine and Queensland Fishing Monthly gave everyone a handy sample bag.

AFO member Tom Barrett (The Duke )had a stall selling his very popular Gidgee lures and was kept busy speaking on lure fishing in general and his old home territory Glen Lyon dam and its cod fishery.

All up a great night and thanks to PRFMA for the initiative in proposing the event and Northside Marine and all the other sponsors and lectures for making it happen.

PS there are still permits available just visit the PRFMA website for details.

Cheers

Ray

It was a great talk. I really appreciated the information. The guys at PRFMA are a great bunch of guys and really eager to help you. A special thanks must go to Northside Marine for holding the seminar, an awesome effort.

My two boys where so excited to meet their hero and Idol "Tim the Bream Morgan". They literally watch it nearly every night going to sleep and barrack for Tim and Carl even though they know the result. The youngest was so upset he fell asleep before Tim spoke and missed out on the photo.

I thought that might have been Dino but his avatar looks a little different. Dino really stole the show.

I agree Ray, Tim's talk was awesome I really learnt a heap about reading a sounder. So great.

Following some photos.

PRFMA_night_012.jpgPRFMA_night_032.jpg

The young fella inspecting the lures. If he had his way I would have bought every lure that caught a fish. Great looking lures though - an awesome finish though. PRFMA_night_033.jpg

Archived