Sorry Ellicat but...

kreel

We were under strict instructions today to get a Snapper of not less than 71cm to topple Ellicat from his lofty perch atop FOTM. Meeting at dawn were our crack team - Tugger, Daveylad and me, actually it was more like 6:30am. Anyway it was early and it was obvious Daveylad was in command (drawing on his Military and Police skills to marshal the troops and commence the assault).

We headed for Boat Rock, a likely location to find a lurking Snapp or 2. Dave was in no mood for frivolity and set his trained Moses Perch on Tugger's ass to hurry him along. This was Dave's first fish of the day and I believe a PB at around the 50cm mark.

[br] P1000202.jpg

Much kudos to Dave for his sterling efforts supervising young Tugger's work (a pb for Tugg and obviously Daveylad for his overseer role). It was obviously all credit to Dave that this metre long Yellow Tailed King Fish made its way aboard. We were elated by our recent catch but soon came back to ground when we realised no-one had landed Moby Snapp.

[br] P1000208.jpg

... and obviously under Daveylads tutelage, Tugg finally manages to land a Snapp - 11cm too short at 60 cm. We were all noticeably disappointed in Tugg's meagre effort, but were buoyed by his commitment to do better in the future. (small pat on the back to Tugg, kudos to Dave for his leadership)

[br] P1000221.jpg

Perhaps I should inform you of the severe conditions we were fishing under. Since our arrival at Boat Rock and lasting most of the day it was overcast, cold and wet (you may have noticed rain spots blurring the corners of some of the photos). You can see from the image below the dangerous condition on the bay today, and out wide it got even worse.

[br] P1000234.jpg

By 3pm with the last of our bait supplies drying up it seems that we were unable to topple Ellicat from his evil lair atop FOTM... damn you eCat. I am almost too embarrassed to show you the final catch for the day.

All kidding aside, Daveylad had a blinder of a day, pulling in fish after fish, Tugger pulled in the big fish - biggest Snapper and the Kingy (among others) and I obviously supported them both by trying to get out of their way. Another great day out with Tugger and Daveylad, thankyou both for the company, the fishing and for out-fishing me so resoundingly.

[br] P1000236.jpg

Thanks for leaving it so late to make the report ! :dry:

I've been stuck in this chair with a crook back this week, so the little battle has been quite entertaining. Looks like Tugger might have a sore back too after the last coupla days.

Was that you sending me a text message at 6:30 Wednesday morn ? If not, I've given away spots to some random :blush: :laugh:

What a great day out, caught 2 pb's, snapper and Moses and I had a fish on that I reckon was a huge snapper( :P )it cut through a 50lb leaader like it was dental floss. We had a ball out there good company and a great laugh and the fishing was fantastic, whales around all the time at one stage we had one go almost underneath us.

The bay was so unbelievebly flat that we stopped the boat to have a good look at it. Thanks Mark and Baden for a great day out that money could't buy :PP1000145.JPG

ellicat wrote:

Thanks for leaving it so late to make the report ! :dry:

I've been stuck in this chair with a crook back this week, so the little battle has been quite entertaining. Looks like Tugger might have a sore back too after the last coupla days.

Was that you sending me a text message at 6:30 Wednesday morn ? If not, I've given away spots to some random :blush: :laugh:

That was us, we hoped that you might be able to help us out with a snapper sweet spot or some advice on technique - oh God of Snapps. Congrats on FOTM mate, that fish of yours was a horse - even using our SHQUIDGIES we couldn't beat you.

crazywalrus wrote:

Good one Kreel, way to keep Ellicat on the edge of his chair :P. Great fish there and a great read again. Tugger is the skipper at the moment. I can not believe the size of that moses perch. Good one guys. Cheers ted

Yeah that moses perch is huge, I don't think they grow much bigger than that!

glad to have you along again dave and bayden it was a great day with the weather being sensational all day bar the odd shower early in the morning. dave was the man with landing the majority of the fish but i caught up a bit with a snapper that raced off but was able to land in the end going 62cm. the kingie gave me a bit of curry wanting to head back to the bottom but i was not going easy on him myself and then realising i had left the gaff at home. so bayden took the rod for a bit while i tried to grab him by the tail but in the end we netted him anyway. dave loved the show put on by the whales as bayden and i have seen now this season on many a day. thanks again guys for coming out with us and getting a few you do put up with my dribble well. :woohoo:

it is not to far to paddle out from point lookout on stradie and winter is the time to do it with the winter weather patterns leaving it flat alot of the time

mark

tomca wrote:

imagine how good it could have been without Baden? :laugh:

You guys have inspired me to add "boat rock" to my kayak to-do list

Archived