Need advice on stradic

Scope

G'day, thinking of getting a shimano stradic 1000 to match my t-curve tournament 6'6 1-3kg rod. Used mostly for chasing bream.

Just wondering what the major differences are between the stradic 1000Fi and the stradic 1000 c14.

Is it worth paying the extra money for the c14??

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers Jono

I've got a 2500 CI4 guys, and the difference in wait between the 'normal' Stradic and the CI4 is fairly substantial.

Also the drag on the CI4s is silky smooth, i've never had issues with it. Maintenance port is a great feature also, not sure if the regular stradics have them?

I'm under the impression that the c14 is a little more prone to the effects of salt water due to its "ci4" composition. However keep it clean and all the rest and it should be fine.

I think its the weight saving that costs the extra money.

I'd say choose the right reel to get the balance you want out of the rod. The mechanics between the 2 are pretty similar if i remember what I've read correctly.

the ci4 has the cool and very nice round handle, is black and weighs less. The extra cost is in the weight saving, it's meant to be an exact copy of a standard stradic otherwise.

you only get the one spool with the ci4 as well, so if you want to run a few line weights, the standard is the way to go.

Archived