Straddie monday 5th- saturday 10th july

Curtii

hey guys i will be at straddie between those dates if anyone wants to come or meet up for a fish i'll be there we're staying in our camper at amity point near the jetty i think also any good fishing spots would be good or waypoints in rainbow channel that are good ones i dont really know what we will be fishing for. but the first day will be mainly for setting up camp so keep that in mind

if you see us just pop over and say hi we will happily set up some time to go fishing with you chasing whatever just bought some beach rods too so any type of fisho's who are up for some fun say g'day and we might go for a fish or something... we might need some tips arent used to the straddie area really my dad lives in PNG (GOOD FISHING AYE)

i live with mum...

Hey mate. I have just spent a week over here. Heading home today sorry.

Best advice, have a look through the Islands and Bay reports sections, even use key words like point lookout, stradbroke, straddy, stradie, dunwich, amity etc to do some forum searches. There are some sensational reports in there.

The wind has picked up over here right now making fishing a bit tough although we had a stella whiting session off the rocks around North Wall yesterday. Under the surf life club at South Gorge can be really good for mixed surf species as well but its been hit and miss over here at the moment.

Amity is also good but hit and miss. Tonnes of fun on endless pike at night off the jetty. Dont discount these as I personally think they are the best strip bait around over here. Move down and try the other groins to escape the pike plague for bream.

We are heading over the Dunwich today to try for a GT today so the results will turn up in my overall report tonight.

GOod luck mate.

Welcome to the site and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Angus

Okay mate, thanks for the help i will be sure check out those reports.

Good luck with your giant trevally too i hope you get a big one...

i'll also make sure we catch some pike for strip bait they should be good fun anyway.

Archived