How's the fishing lately?

max pwr

Obviously some people have been catching good fish the last few weeks as I can see by the reports posted but I've been doing lousy. Been fishing coomera and a lot around the broadwater. Can't find any baitfish with my castnet and even though I've spent hours and hours fishing all I've caught is the odd bream and average sized flathead.

Anybody have any theories? Am I just crap at fishing or have others found the same thing recently?

and try find fish holding structure. fishing mags and possibly even a forum search would help. very basically, holes, drop offs, weed beds, rock walls (submerged or otherwise), pontoons, moored for a long time boats... the more of these you put together the better the odds.

lighter leaders and lead also help when conditions are tough.

Are you in a boat or landbased, too much boat traffic on a weekend the broadwater area shuts down.

Alot of the time livies are in the middle of the canal not around shallows or structure and can be difficult if land based.

Im always at the seaway first light or evening.

I think i had nearlly 12months without any decent fish.

Ive been fishing using sp's mainly from dawn to dusk, alternating tides and from my kayak and landbased. Just seems to be heaps of toadfish around and sandcrabs. Most bites are from tiny whiting. Just seems really dead lately for me. Usually see plenty of fishy action but it's all stopped last few weeks. Can't get any livies either, can usually rely on catching some but castnetted for ages and nothing. :angry: Tried further upstream, downstream etc. just can't have a win.

Archived