I can't catch Fish!!!

MoparKevUk

My last 10 or so landbased fishing trips have been donuts or less.

I've been to Wynnum T jetty x 2, Bulimba, Wello point, Colsmlie x 3, Tingalpa Creek x 2, Nudgee boat ramp etc

I've tried lures (SP and HB), all sorts of bait (prawn, squid, chicken, liver, steak, bacon rind, pillies (fresh and salted), live bait, cheese twisties and more.) Floated, small sinkers, medium sinkers, big sinkers, light rods, heavy rods, big hooks, little hooks, ganged hooks, in all variations.

I've fished either side of high, either side of low, and everything inbetween. I've been out early in the morning, lunchtime and evenings......

The only thing different is I'm cleaning all my gear with Inox MX3.

What am I doing wrong??? Starting to get me down........ :(

all i can suggest is try somewhere new, maybe take a trip somewhere outside of brisbane if your spots are quiet, perhaps the bait is spread out somewhere else etc

when its quiet at the usual spots a change of scenery can do wonders.

personally im on house arrest i had some issues with the wiring on my watersnake, tried to have a fiddle and made things worse lol so ive gotta send him to get repaired in SA :ohmy:

cheers

Dan

simple if your using bait get a cast net fresh is best live or dead if you cant cast i can meet you and give you some casting tips get your self a 10 footer good starter net start on pontoons before hitting the mangroves good luck fresh bait wood give you a 60% better chance over joe blow using servo prawns hope that helps.

Mate it will come soon,

You might think this is a bit out there, but I always go fishing (especially when using lures) with a visualisation of what I want to catch. Doesn't always work, but really makes me focus on bait/lure presentation, tide times and best spots etc. Like I said, a bit out there, but it works for me. I want to catch great fish, so thats what I think about when fishing and planning my trips.

Good luck

Cast netted aquatic paradise, nuffink, cast netted Colmslie today, nuffink. Cast netted 2 little fellas at Bulimba, no action, let them off the hook after 3hrs! I always visualise what I'm gonna rig and what I'm gonna catch! All trips start on a positive, knowing I'll break my duck, but it's got too depressing now....I know it will pick up, just needed to vent. Thanks for the replies. B)

metal head fisher wrote:

simple if your using bait get a cast net fresh is best live or dead if you cant cast i can meet you and give you some casting tips get your self a 10 footer good starter net start on pontoons before hitting the mangroves good luck fresh bait wood give you a 60% better chance over joe blow using servo prawns hope that helps.

Very good advice, cant beat live baits

Archived