Give me balance of power and I'll protect fishing

Queensland senate candidate for Family First Wendy Francis has vowed to protect the fishing industry from destruction by the Greens if voters give her a part in the senate’s balance of power.

Francis said the Greens are scare-mongering with claims that massive percentages of fish stocks are being lost. “They have no scientific grounds for these statements and their policies will result in greater unemployment and great distress to families.â€

The candidate said the last senate place will possibly be a race between the Greens and Family First, which is why her election is so important to the state. “The Cairns region for example, which has a multi-million dollar fishing industry employing around 1000 people, is experiencing unemployment figures of close to twice the national average. If we don’t protect our fishing industry this will go higher,†she said.

“There are two issues when it comes to fishing. One is to protect the commercial industry and the other is to protect the great pastime of recreational fishing which is enjoyed by so many Queenslanders.â€

Francis has promised to support legislation that protects fishing. “Obviously I will make sure legislation is sensible and workable but I guarantee that I will be on the side of commercial and recreational fishing and will do all in my power to stop the radical Green agenda which has no environmental basis.

“Labor has let the fishing industry down, the Greens don’t care about them and the minor fishing parties are too small to realistically be able to do anything. I am asking Queenslanders to help me bring balance to the balance of power. I will be the voice of the people,†Francis committed.

Contact Wendy Francis - 0421 085 860

www.wendy4senate.com

With all the big decisions about whom to vote for etc there is always the whole thing of who will have the best interests for us if voted in. Being my first time voting and not wanting the greens to take away my rights to fish in alot of places etc.. etc... , as they continue to say they will do, I have sussed out alot of the parties and was still confused.

ALthough, the other day whilst at fishhead, I was looking around and something caught my eye. I picked up a brochure for a party that seems to have the best interest for us.

Like many parties who have empty promises, this party seems to genuinely care.

/>http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/

Still trying to decided but this is looking more and more promising.

hahahah love it - give me balance of power! hahahah problem is all these dingbats asking for power shouldnt have any thats how things have turned bad as much as they have and will continue too. have yet to date seen a pollie talk sense and be upfront. only party i reckon we can count on to stick up for fisho's is the australian fishing party and thats it .

We foster an open and friendly community and expect that all our members are respectful of each others views and opinions. This forum and website is for all discussions on any topics (just as long as they are in the correct forum categories).

Everyone has different views and should be allowed to express them, if you do not agree, either do not reply or reply in a friendly manner.

Miss Munchkin wrote:

Being my first time voting and not wanting the greens to take away my rights to fish in alot of places etc.. etc... , as they continue to say they will do, I have sussed out alot of the parties and was still confused.

Surprising that it your first time to vote, is it your age or have you just come to aus?

I agree it is really hard to choose who to vote for and the Australian voting system of Preferential voting and house of reps and the senate does not make it easy. For me there are two thing to think about.

the house of reps really comes down the the major parties as these will make up the new government. That is a difficult choice for most people as really both campaigns have been so negative.

The Senate is the watchdog and for me really makes the difference once the government is decided however I feel that minority parties have way to much power here. I still do not know who to vote for in the senate. I know very little about the the Fishing and leisure party and their reps and the shooters party. Unfortunately when voting for single policy parties they have little to know knowledge regarding the spectrum of other policies they need to govern over.

This makes me confused and I can only imagine how it makes a first time voter feel. Our vote is important and it was not that many generations ago that indigenous folk and women where fighting for their right to vote.

I hope I have made sense here as I have had I little liquid refreshments.

GL

who should I vote for if I want to maintain my general fishing freedom, as all I have heard is, dont vote labour because of preferences. what does this mean? sorry about the vagueness of my question. politics isn't one of my favorite subjects :cheer: cheers

p.s. its just like the circus has come to town, only boring as.

yeah i know what ya saying ted .

when i was in my teens voting was something that meant nothing to me .

but growing older and in my mid 20's to mid 30's it means a lot more .

last year my vote was different to every other year as ,it seams either one of the two main party's are going to be in .so i went the idea of at least have opposing party's in power .

eg: labour in state and in liberal in federal .that way there opposite and keep each other in check.

but this year i'm going back to the old ways .

i'm supporting the little guys .

Australian xxxx Party,Australian Fishing and Lifestyle,Shooters and Fishers.

going back to my old ideas that maybe some little guys can keep them in check .

katfish wrote:

who should I vote for if I want to maintain my general fishing freedom, as all I have heard is, dont vote labour because of preferences. what does this mean? sorry about the vagueness of my question. politics isn't one of my favorite subjects :cheer: cheers

p.s. its just like the circus has come to town, only boring as.

yeah i know its boring as .

if i had my way i would string them all from the gallows ,with the used car salesman .

but that's not the world we live in so until u can vote davo_dinkum for premier or pm or we have to vote for the one we think is less evil .

The radical green agenda certainly has no sound science behind it.

Much the same as your own fundamentalist mumbo jumbo Wendy.

There is one immutable fact no matter who you vote for you end up with a politician.

Fishing and Lifestyle Party in the upperhouse for me, would vote for Don Key in the lower house but sadly he is not running.

the argument about tax exempt status of religion was truly gold, and a huge shame to be cut short after all the political dodging was ironed out and there was nowhere else to hide other than to answer the question.

going to be hard to decide who goes in at # 59 and who goes in at #60 today we've got radical greens on one hand and radically conservative christians on the other :blink:

right you are Brian, will be watching the results closely tonight. had 2 goes at my senate paper to make sure it was right, cant count to 60 o

there has been a fair bit of talk about the fishing vote in the media lately so at least the issue is out in the open, not that fishings the only issue with the green party mind you (imo)

cheers

Dan

nadders wrote:

right you are Brian, will be watching the results closely tonight. had 2 goes at my senate paper to make sure it was right, cant count to 60 o

there has been a fair bit of talk about the fishing vote in the media lately so at least the issue is out in the open, not that fishings the only issue with the green party mind you (imo)

cheers

Dan

True. But I'm not interested in marrying a man either :laugh:

Nor do I believe imposing a tax price on the basic necessity for our modern society will achieve anything...Apart from social disparity in our community.

As I walked to the polling area I saw a clown from the greens throw some rubbish into the spoon drain behind him. Looks this chick wont be able to protect fishing, looks like she is out of a job oh well atleast she will have time to go fishing

jeff f wrote:

ha ha ha no sex party people at my polling booth

just this ferral looking thing in a greens shirt that would have scared kids and old ladies

Me too. My local green card hander outer smelled so bad I could smell him before I even saw him.

The liberal one looked he he thought his poo don't smell, the labour one like a bogan and to top it off the family first guy was a cripple. :laugh:

reading through these threads two things come to my mind. firstly the constitution needs to be amended to stop minority groups having the kind of influence on our lifestyle (all of Oz)that they can be afforded. Secondly the greens should have that name striped from them and they should be called the "gay" and "activist" party..that's quite simply how i see them. it's really weird how things have worked out in the election. the greens will now control the senate and labour will basically become their whipping boys (oops how appropriate lol). fingers crossed that the LNP come up the the right number of votes to win the majority of remaining seats. if not fishing (and lets not forget the greens want people banned from shooting and the national parks) and the outdoor lifestyle will become a thing of the past. i wonder what will happen to the fish filled waters in ten years time?

meanwhile mega ships from overseas will still be able to come into australian waters and take tonnes of bait fish for cat food..kill whales and generally do what the natives cannot..fish :S

Archived