Manly Harbour 27.8

billp

001-20100827.JPG Did a quick trip in the kayak this morning to get some bream pratice for the upcoming KFT events.

Started at 6, and from the first cast started to get hits. 1st up was a small GT, you can see from his buddies they were hard to get away from today. Next was the smallest bream which was quickly followed by a slighty better version, then the squire took a liking to my gulp shrimp, landed about 10 of these before my biggest bream took the lure. No more bream after this but I got smoked twice (probaly bigger squire).

The wind started to pick up at about 8 so i hung around for a bit pratising my precison casting, then I heard a boat behind me, turned out to be the harbour master telling me I wasn't allowed to be fishing in the marina, have never heard of this happening before, anyone else have this problem?

Anyway it was still a good morning and I learnt a lot.

Thanks for reading, Bill. 001-20100827.JPG

post-7367-144598531515_thumb.jpg

Do$tylz wrote:

looks like a good session mate. I've had a lady tell me I'm not allowed to fish there before... but thats coz I got off my boat and started flicking from the pontoon :P

I'm so keen to get back in there.

must have been the same lady that told me off also. ;p

Sounds like a cool trip mate B) I haven't had any problems in there yet but last weekend Tacklebox got told by some random that we wheren't suposed to be in there. As Tomca said, theres two public ramps so stuff 'em.

I bumbed into an unstopable there last weekend, I called it for a jack as it whent way to hard for a squire and took me under two pontoons and 10 million dollars worth of boat :angry: It made a mess of the 2 pound.

The only places you cant fish other than closed areas/greenzones are where they have a "Seabed Lease"

Hope Island,Sanctuary Cove,Ephraim Isl. etc. Often you get mr.Rent A Cop telling you that you cant fish here in places like Sovereign Isl. etc. but this is BS. You can fish in Manly Harbour, you can not legaly access pontoons, interaction with moored boats is a grey area, poor casting accuracy is the main issue would probably be classed as wilfull damage.

Archived