tuff day at the office

AZZA

It's hard graft this workin in the Torris Strait, my day started with me getting a lift down to Sadie Beach to await my chopper pick up to wisk me out to Stephen Island and then to Sai bai island and last of all to Duarn Island which is the most northen part of Aus. On arrival back to TI we were running a tad late and only had time to grab our rods befor getting picked up by Des to head out for an arvo fish. First stop was a spot known as blue fish point named so because it is a good Tusk fish spot.

first drop with my rod a 8-12kg ulgy stick with a Shamino 8000d bait runner and its BANG fish on :woohoo: and then bricked in about 10 sec :( oh well rerig and lock the drag up and go again. Drop down and BAng fish on again, sweeeet ,fight on and then 50lb braid starts peeling off at break neck speed and bricked again in seconds flat. Mean while des is fishing with a 100lb hand line and gets a hook up to a very solid fish and after a short strugle gets sharked :blink: I get sick of lossing gear on my 50lb gear and swap over to a 175lb hand line that looked just like wipper snipper cord B) Now we are going to get one of these fish on board. Drop down and pull a nice parrot about 400 odd mm and think these fish pull hard but I should be able to land them on my rod :huh:

Drop the heavy hand line down again and my young bloke needs his rod rigged after yet another bust off and I give him the hand line to hold while I rig his rod. While I am rigging up all hell breaks loose and I look around to see line peeling through his hand as he does best to hold it :woohoo: so I grab the line only to have ripping through my hand and burning like hell withh the hand reel bouncing around our feet belting every toe and shin it can find. I did manage to stop the run just befor the reel empited but got snaped off befor getting any real line back :(

Dave managed to get a small tuskie back to the boat with a 4 foot shark right up its clacker so we are thinking this is what is busting us up.

Another drop with the heavy line and hook up and I am on to a very solid fish and making headway this time and manage to get it ti the surface only to see two sharks chasing it down and one of them leaping out of the water right beside the boat as it hit the big parrot :woohoo: :(

We desided that we had paid to much GST and we will try else where so after rerigging I had one more drop to sort out all the hand line at my feet and BANG on again and work as hard as possible to beat the shark and get the fish to the surface and right behind it was the biggest groper about to inhale it but I just managed to get on board and only lost a few scales. Now we worked out what was bricking us was this big ass groper grabbing any decent fish we hooked and the ones we got near the surface got sharked.

We had a troll for some spanish and only got one hit for no hook up.

We fished a drop off and got a swag of assorted fish befor heading in.

Must get some sleep now as I am going fishing in the morning: woohoo: :woohoo:

No pics at this stage as I cant upload them on my work computer

It's hard graft this workin in the Torris Strait, ...

FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH

...Must get some sleep now as I am going fishing in the morning: woohoo: :woohoo:

No pics at this stage as I cant upload them on my work computer

Life's tough, when you lost your second fish I almost felt bad for you. :blink: :blink:

Archived