Amnity Point

Tim a

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of renting a cabin up at Amnity Point over the coming school holidays. I was wondering if anyone had any info about the place fishing wise. The place I'm staying at has a private jetty with pics of tuna and sweet lip caught off it.

Any thoughts?

it's the place that i've had the most sucess at so i know it well! there's a deep channel that runs right past the jetty near the boat ramp- the jetty has been closed for fishing for a while but you can still climb up on it if you're fit. it's amazing the fish you get off it, from kingfish to pike, bream, tailor, mackeral and jewfish all being pretty common. this time of year the bream will be great and you might get a jewie. lots of sharks also- i mean lots and lots- it's where that girl sarah wylie was taken last year. you can get heaps of livies with a bait jig- i've never cast netted there before though. also squid from the weed beds a little further out if you have a boat.

Well I'm landbased mainly but I may have my kayak up with me. I'm getting another set up for it and Troy and I were thinking of getting a deal off ebay. We're thinking size 4000 stradics with a matching rod(unknown yet). I also have access to a tld25 with a matching heavy game rod if I have to use it.

I would just like to know what to use gear wise for what type of fish. Like livies for tuna or metals for other pelagics.

Thanks

Tim

Amity is great. I used to spear fish there a lot.

You can get anything from the species already mentioned through to monster cod, parrot, mangrove jack, sweetlip and millions of stonefish:laugh:

Land based fishing can be very tricky as the current really rips through the channel and its extremely snaggy. (car wrecks, beds, tyres everything)

Amity is great. I used to spear fish there a lot.

You can get anything from the species already mentioned through to monster cod, parrot, mangrove jack, sweetlip and millions of stonefish:laugh:

Land based fishing can be very tricky as the current really rips through the channel and its extremely snaggy. (car wrecks, beds, tyres everything)

Archived