FOTM Feb 2011 Chat - Jacks!

Angus

Competition is off to a pretty sweet start!

Well done!

Can I just throw it out there that in the spirit of this comp, even if you know oyu have already been pipped please do submit an entry for any Jack caught. It will be really help uus establish if we are choosing our target species well, and how many people are having a crack at fun competition.

Cheers guys and keep up the good work!

Looking forward to seeing if anyones going to crack that 60cm mark!

Angus

Solid choice for FOTM.

There's been some wicked action around.

Pity I couldn't get on the board.

All the ones I had a chance at were wearing Sweresys Megabass as mouth jewellery and probably weren't interested in smashing another barbed snack... :whistle: :evil::blush:

yes wesfish ".3" LOL how 'bout that!!

Good fish mate, nicely done. (remember it's only the first week buddy ;)

Well done on the other 2 beasts as well

:lol: i know best week for jacks on this site for sure, i reckon a 60+ will be caught for sure, thats my dream a 60 and will have another go again for sure, if it was not raining i would be out again lol

I would pay to see Wes's face when he reads the latest :woohoo: :P ...even to hear what he says (although I have a fair idea what that might be) :lol:
yeah haaaaaa :lol: :lol: its a motherjack and thats the size i am one day hoping to catch hmmmmm 2 weeks left ! and thats a hell of a target 65. i reckon a few more 60+ will show up with the amount of fishers with the red bug out there trying to find em :) its been the best seeing so many jack reports of awesome sessions from so many different fishers in a 2 week period..

So is anyone going to try and crack that 64cm mark!!!

Henry and I are going to give it a touch up next week for an all nighter.

Dont actually expect to get anything, but hey, with the action going around ill be sad if we get nothing!!!

Angus

Hope you're packin' a fatter Norstream mate! ;)

So is anyone going to try and crack that 64cm mark!!!

Henry and I are going to give it a touch up next week for an all nighter.

Dont actually expect to get anything, but hey, with the action going around ill be sad if we get nothing!!!

Angus

Hope you're packin' a fatter Norstream mate! ;)

I have just the thing...

Nordic Stage Partner: PA-80-MH

Length: 2.43

Weight: 156 grams

Lure Weight: 19

Line Class: 10-16

Guides: Fuji Alconite

Regular-Fast

Served me well at straddy on the trevs so keen to try it out again!

Angus

Just thought I would post up this pic of the Coomera in regards to chasing Jacks' given i've only caught a few it's up to you guys if you wish to use the info but the Jacks are there you just need to catch em. Also not sure if i'm giving away anyone's secret spots or not but there's no such thing as secret spots these days especially in the Coomera area.

[attachment]C:\fakepath\Coomera MJ Spots.jpg[/attachment]

The areas in white are spots you'll likely encounter Jacks, Trevs, Cod, the areas that are black and cross hatched are private canals and as such it's up to you weather you fish there but security will let you know if you're not allowed in there.

So I hope this map is of help too some and the key seems to be early morning and a run out tide but hey if you've got a line in the water you're in with a chance.

Cheers

Mark

Hmm i've put up a post that relies on a pic but the pics aren't uploading, any ideas on how to get around that at the moment. The post doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Cheers

Mark

Just read the guys are onto the pic problem, just have to sit tight and wait.

Or upload it with photobucket (which I don't think is aloud for some reason).

absolutely amazing month this month for FOTM. I dont think we've had such a hotly contested FOTM before. All the rains and humidity are really turning them on. Now if only I can pry myself away from the office, I'll give this thing a good crack. CAN'T WAIT :D

Henry come have a fish with me at Currimundi, there are some big boys waiting to be caught.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, what's going on? Jacks seem to have gone quiet.... damn it I've been giving it my best shot but the buggers don't want to play!

high humidity and cracking afternoon storms have settled down...now you have to put the time and effort into enticing them to come out and play,the big ones will be hard to entice....but their still around

Archived