GC Seaway

Clevo_31

Went down to the GC with a couple of mates on friday night and stayed till about 9am the next morning. The plan was to have big stinky mullet pieces out for shark behind jupiters and maby catch a few bream to use as livebait, but with only 3 undersized bream and nothing from the sharks by 6am we headed out to the seaway..

Soon as we got there it was easy to see the place was on fire, trevally busting up all over the place and people chasing them. Quickly tied on a blue squidgy slick rig and started moving along the south wall trying to get in amongst the action. Most of the schools were out of casting range unfortunatly, as I dont have a proper surf/rock rod setup. However I did make one cast to a close-in school and thought I had missed it, however just before the lure hit the water they all moved right underneath it...SWEET!!! Not more than a second in the water and I was ON!!

This thing pulled hard, harder than anything I have hooked before. After a few anxious moments when he went in the rocks and I thought I was done for, I pulled in my first ever Trevally, a big-eye at about 55cms =D!

Didnt hook anything for the rest of the morning, as it quickly died down, but I couldnt wipe the smile off my face. I can see now how people get addicted to catching these!!

Went down again this morning but the place was dead, not a hint of a fish, but a great morning nonetheless....

I think the difference was that the easterly was blowing on saturday and it was an norherly today... am pretty keen to get out in a boat down there at some point, will hopefully be able to organise that soon..

Cheers,

Jordan

gud going,they're a pretty hard fighters but if u hit up one, usually for me they go under the rocks then it'll be a chance they've taken it to a snag, last time i caught a gt bout 60 to 70 cm point on half pillie,threw it out 5metre from the rocks...

Yer like I said it gave me a good tussel. I was using 50lb fins and 80lb leader though, and its managed to get me out of some sticky situations before, so I managed to just pull it out of the rockswith only a bit of abrasion on the leader.

Tryed using my popper while it was still dark but lost it on a rock =(

Archived