Just a quick rant

Okuma82

man some people just take the pi..,

Went fishing after work today, got cought on 5 crab pot lines, there were near enough 13 crab pots that i noticed so it was hard going and i had to keep changing spots to get away from them and then there are the litter bugs, i have been finding tins of sardines, prawns etc all over the place. I picked up a few and binned them but i wasnt going to spend my fishing time doing what these lazy buggers should be doing.

Another thing that bugs me is people catching tilapia and leaving them to die right on the lake's edge where it can easely be washed back in, if there are eggs or fry in their mouth they can still live and escape the dead fishes mouth once back in the water, either bin them or burry them well above the shoreline, Jeez.

feel free to post things that bug you, let off some steam.

cheers-

okuma82

You hit it on the head with that one. Id just like to add stupid fu#%$%#@# that leave line and hooks around.. GRRR :evil: i keel u!!!!!!!!

I just guess the people that do that are just slobs and there never going to change.. still.. maybe we should form a Karma police and go hand out some justice with a big stick?

i hate it when you fish land base and a boat parks up and starts fishing,i was at straddie on the rock groin and he parked his boat half way between me and where i was throwing slugs so i left and the next day the same thing and the same bloke.
put on bigger lead and accidentally throw it at the boat?

Another thing that bugs me is people catching tilapia and leaving them to die right on the lake's edge where it can easely be washed back in, if there are eggs or fry in their mouth they can still live and escape the dead fishes mouth once back in the water, either bin them or burry them well above the shoreline, Jeez.

okuma82

Mate I agree with most of your rant and I take my Tilapia home to bin them however I really doubt that a fish with fry in their mouth would be actively feeding. most mouth brooders do not eat while they have fry and eggs.

lol so tru aint it, allot of it comes down to respect, having respect for the people around you and not barging in on their fishing spot or doing weird sh.. that scares the fish off but also having the common decency to pick your sh.. up and bin it, takes 2 seconds yet most don't bother.

I bring a load of gear with me, bottles of water, snacks, smokes etc and i take all rubish home or to the nearest bin, what you bring with you you should take away with you.

Some bloke threw a crab pot right next to me about 3 weeks ago, if not for his kids being there i would have nocked him one, he had the entire lake to choose a spot to throw the pot in and he chose my spot, lol di..head. I just packed up and left.

Im off for a smoke. -

Later-

Okuma82

My rant: trolling a lure out the back and pick up a crabpot with no tag, line or float. then another and so on. I end up collecting them and taking them back to the ramp. Not legally placed so treat them like rubbish and dump them back at the ramp. If they have rope and floats fine, otherwise they are the same as shopping trolleys.

My rant: trolling a lure out the back and pick up a crabpot with no tag, line or float. then another and so on. I end up collecting them and taking them back to the ramp. Not legally placed so treat them like rubbish and dump them back at the ramp. If they have rope and floats fine, otherwise they are the same as shopping trolleys.

had the same problem at NPD with opera house traps, no line, no float, no name!!

fishing with 6lb leader, they take a fare while too drag in carefully, so i dont loose my lure!

Bloody crab pots are a menace hey, last time i went fishing at the lake i counted 23 and none had a float, they are usualy tied to a tree or pegged to the ground. Pain in the arse things and can really ruin a day at the lake. last one i got my lure stuck on i pulled it out and threw it on the bank.

Just another quicky on rubbish at fishing spots and like okuma82 i take alot of crap fishing but say if i finish a drink it goes straight into my bucket or bag including loose line. I used to fish the pine river bridge on the h/way and there is always a mess there and if i had to take the girlfriend fishing she would spend more time picking up other peoples rubish then fishing :(

Archived