Ballina Provides The Goods

Dibbs

Drove down to my new house in Alstonville Saturday to unpack a few things and see the inlaws. Got all that done, so took off down to the old Bridge in Ballina to have a quick sesh. Wasn't too sure the tides were going to be on my side, but turns out I was wrong.

2 hour sesh with fresh prawn & no sinker, produced a good 30 odd Bream & Luderick (spelling?) between my missus and I, averaging around the 20-25cm mark. Did keep the top 3 though, each of them being over 30cm. Also caught my PB Butter Bream. Didn't bother measuring him, but the thing was huge compared to what I've ever seen before.

Also hooked a couple of strange fish I've never seen before. Didn't land them though as I was only using 6lb line, but they were about 3 foot each with a blue appearance about them and they kept breaking the surface and getting air born. My first thought was little reef sharks, but def didn't have shark shape and the colouring was odd. Any idea what they may be? They hit hard and ran straight away, but didn't really fight too agressively and tired quickly. If my line was stronger they would have landed easily.

No photos sorry guys, as I didn't have my camera or phone. Was good to see that my new home produces the goods.

Could've been Aussie Salmon

Youngy caught some down the Seaway recently

Report http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/8-south-coast-reports/335487-anyone-want-their-arms-stretched#335536

Cheers for that mate. I think you're on the money there. Looks pretty close. Do they normally break the surface and get airborn; or was it just cause I kept getting them up to the shallow rocks?

hey mate good stuff i have a rough idea on what it was

where in alstonville? im also in alstonville give me a yell when ur all moved

Hey mate, moving to Wardell Rd. Right near the shops and more importantly, the Feddie. :lol:

Will def give you a yell, when I'm settled in.

Could've been Aussie Salmon

Youngy caught some down the Seaway recently

Report http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/8-south-coast-reports/335487-anyone-want-their-arms-stretched#335536

Cheers for that mate. I think you're on the money there. Looks pretty close. Do they normally break the surface and get airborn; or was it just cause I kept getting them up to the shallow rocks?

Sounds like an awesome sesh. Well done!

Aussie Salmon ( or'Kahawai' for Darren :P) do seem to like the acrobatics. As you described they also tire out pretty quickly. Fun to catch though, sounds like they were some decent sized ones as well!

Archived