Ugly Coloured Lure Catches Big Fish

Orca

UGLY COLOURED LURE CATCHES BIG FISH

Bob Devenish has been catching fish around the Maryborough and Hervey Bay region for more years than he would care to remember. His daughter Michelle runs Freedom Fishing supplies in Maryborough. A couple of months ago I called in to see Michelle and drop off some Rhino Stiks she had ordered and her Dad just happened to be in the store. He was quite interested in giving some of our new release Bruiser lures a swim apparently but wanted to talk to me about colours..

One of the things he had noticed over the years was the number of fish that had “Happy Moments†inside of them when he opened them up to clean. He went on to say that Estuary Cod and various types of large reef fish seemed to really enjoy them as a snack more than any other bait that he had noticed.

The conversation continued until such time I agreed to make Bob a Bruiser lure in “Happy Moments†colours. I was far from convinced but he was quite adamant so I duly sent off a sketch of what I wanted to our lure factory. Several weeks later TNT pulled up outside with a parcel which I duly opened only to find 2 samples of what I can only describe as bloody ugly looking lures.

I kept one in my office and posted one up to Michelle to give her Dad. I really wasn’t expecting much to come of it. Two days ago I received an email from Michelle which said :

Hi Mike,

Thought I would send you through a couple a photo's of Dads fishing trip

with the new colour lure. In total he caught a 15lb Golden Travelly, 3 Cod, 2 Tailor and 1 Pike.

Not a bad effort I reckon for a couple of hours fishing.

He said the photos would have looked better if he had an Austackle shirt and Camo Stik! :lol::lol:

Enjoy!

Michelle Devenish

Sole Trader

Freedom Fishing Supplies

95 Bazaar Street

MARYBOROUGH QLD 4650

Ph/Fax: (07) 4121 4621

As a result of this, we have added the Happy Moment colour into the Bruiser range and hope to be able to supply shops with them in about 6 weeks time.

This story perhaps also explains how an ugly old B like me was able to catch a gorgeous young wife back in the days of bait fishing! :P

Perhaps my new sign off should say " Fish Hard & Fish Ugly" !

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

post-9073-144598629304_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598629313_thumb.jpg

post-9073-14459862932_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598629326_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598629304_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598629313_thumb.jpg

post-9073-14459862932_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598629326_thumb.jpg

I thought the Lure looked ok, ive seen alot worse....Some nice fish were caught with that sexy lure ;)

Sorry Darren - i was calling the colour scheme " ugly" rather than the lure. THis lure comes in some really pretty colours as well!! They ahve been catching a lot of Tuna off the coast of southern NSW according to our agent down there on these - but they are using a really gorgeous " Blue Pilly" imitation not an ugly looking colour like Happy Moment.!!

Archived