Hunting Trip - Viewer discretion is advised

madmullet

if you have a dog i know a spot down the redlands that you can pig but you have to keep it quite and generally no guns we used to just dog and knife it big pigs there though stuff all under 100kg they dont have to work hard for a feed and get real fat

Kurt has 2 dogs. But all they can do is peel 100lb line off a reel - that's the only training they've had :lol::lol:

hay hay hay...................

um actually true lol............

nah they are semi trained

hey mate just wondering what did you do with the remains, cuz i know some people eat them and some just get pics and leave them to rot, ive been pigging a couple of times my last time i went was with dogs but never got one.

cheers ryan

depends on what the liver looks like, to whether we take them or not.

the big boars we either take some for the dog or we leave them..... yuk ..... smaller sows around the 30kg mark dressed and smaller we take. we also check them for worms.

i will post next time i go so if anyone wants meet, they can have some.

cheers kurt

Awesome stuff. brings back memories. My olds had a property out west with a big old pig pit. We used to grab the smaller ones and clean feed them til Chrissy time. Good eating !!!

One of the best parts is chasing suckers through the grass. Those little buggas can move.

i no rite.... you cant be a good sucker run lol

Definitely a mans man there buddy, how big were the hooks on the boar... looked close to a 180-185lbr. One of the good mates from NZ was hired to move over here about 10 years ago to cull the ferrals, pigs,goats,etc,etc...unfortunately he was killed in a car crash last year...you and he would probably have gotten on real well...(Paul Andrewes aka Rongo) if that rings a bell...

Definitely a mans man there buddy, how big were the hooks on the boar... looked close to a 180-185lbr. One of the good mates from NZ was hired to move over here about 10 years ago to cull the ferrals, pigs,goats,etc,etc...unfortunately he was killed in a car crash last year...you and he would probably have gotten on real well...(Paul Andrewes aka Rongo) if that rings a bell...

120kg.......... his tusks on one side were broken of and the other they were snaped as well but were still half length, around 60-70m... so if he had a hull set, i recon he would have had 110-130mm

the neigbour out at our property got 6 pigs couple of weeks ago with his dogs, and thers alot of pig rooting and he also got a dingo, and if you do get piglets again i will have em if you keep them ill fatten them up :)

cheers ryan

i avent got a dingo in yrs..... ok next lot of piglets we get their yours

well if you want some dingoes we have a fair few of them roaming around we hear alot at night howling. the one our neighbour got was pure breed and he said the pack he got it from all looked pure as well.

cheers ryan

well if you want to hit them up let me no, i will give you a tutorial on my wepon before we leave. keen as to pop some dogs ay... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

well if you want some dingoes we have a fair few of them roaming around we hear alot at night howling. the one our neighbour got was pure breed and he said the pack he got it from all looked pure as well.

cheers ryan

Where are you located?

just outside of gatton one 160 acres but the neighbour if he is there would let us shoot on his place aswell but it is very hilly country.

cheers ryan

• 4 weeks later...
dat some nice bacon!!! my only pigging experience is when i went to my mrs parents cane farm up in NQ and they had real dramas with pigs tramping all the cane... so a fire was lit and i got to drive the cruiser along the fire line as it progressed with the shooters on the tray.....got to the end of the line and 3 BIG pigs ran out and were all accounted for!!!

it would be a hoot to do a designated hunting trip thats for sure!!! :woohoo:

i dont have the guns but i have all the self sufficient, in the middle of no where camping gear, which is incorporated into my cruiser!

definately something im keen on getting into more!

again well done on the pests!

lets do it, kurts got the spots and ive got a few rifles kurts got an armys worth of stuff

• 1 month later...

Archived