urban myth 60cm plus north pine bass

mackmauler

hey guys, id like to see a picture of any that have made the magic mark, brag matt or not, ive personally caught and witnessed mates catch between 50-80 fish over 50cm the best 2 were not properly measured but 56-57 would have seen them out, for the sake of photos if the only scale is a 6ft 4 fella mention that.

a mate swears he caught a 60 plus but pics havnt come forward.

plastic man was at n.p 2 weeks ago and a old bloke with his daughter told him of some spots to fish he lives locally to the area and showed him on his digi camera a photo of a 60 they had caught that day I beleive it cause thats were we fished and nailed our fifties

my biggest bass is only 44 lol, but I remember seeing a pic in QT's \"Fish of the Week\" comp years ago of a bass that was absolutely enourmous. They didn't claim a length but it would have 65-70. I actually wondered whether it was a big silver as I don't know if bass can get that big. It was caught in Big W. I wish i had thought to keep the pic:(

Hmm i re read the heading. Der. 60cm + North Pine Bass. Sorry. Im pretty sure all Shultzsies would be Big W and Somerset fish. Ill still try and get some piccies for curiosity sake.

Someone told me during the electro fish at NP many 60cm were measured. However once again this is only what i have been \"told\".

Lets hope someone bags one for June!

Angus

Very likely Gordo! I've been monstered twice within minutes fishing near by late one night. Our 90 pound wire got chewed in about 5-10 sec, if that!!!

Jeff (i think...) has reported a few huge runs and wire bite throughs over the last season as well. I reckon they would have to be 6 foot+ at least to hit so hard and do so much wire damage so quick!

Gus, I rekcon that shark is 5 foot max, if that. Maybe only 4.5. But that just my opinion lolB) I think I have argued over the length of that particular shark with someone on here before:silly: :P

werewolf wrote:

Very likely Gordo! I've been monstered twice within minutes fishing near by late one night. Our 90 pound wire got chewed in about 5-10 sec, if that!!!

Jeff (i think...) has reported a few huge runs and wire bite throughs over the last season as well. I reckon they would have to be 6 foot+ at least to hit so hard and do so much wire damage so quick!

Gus, I rekcon that shark is 5 foot max, if that. Maybe only 4.5. But that just my opinion lolB) I think I have argued over the length of that particular shark with someone on here before:silly: :P

Yeah wolfy i agree actually. To the fork it would not be. Still a great river shark. And i think if she is up there, no reason one a foot or maybe even 2 bigger could not be :)

Ask troy about me getting towed in my kayak into his :huh: Haha. That was interesting.

Angus

Well Somerset has at least one 60cm bass, i got a 58cm bass there january 05, she was released and im sure she would have grown 2cm in 2 and a half years. So whats stopping there being more fish of this calibre, in any dams for that matter.

Archived