My maiden in Wendy!

Muppet Arms

Boat packed and we're on the road by 5:30am heading to Paradise Point. The lads had already been out three times in and around brissy river. This is my first little trip. Looking like a cracking day. Hopefully will have a truckload of photos for you all this afternoon.

Tight lines all. Hope everyone wetting a line today has an awesome day.

Oh yeah, Wendy is the boat.

The fishing today was average .... well I'd even go as far as to say poor but I still enjoyed it. My tally for the day was a stingray and small bream on my third last cast of the day. Simmo "the trawler" once again top scored opening the day with a ray as well and then caught 6 or 7 bream. Aaron "the Produce" fared a little better than me but not much. I didn't bother taking any photos as nothing worthy was caught.

Having said I'll post pictures and not having any to show, I figure I better offer something else. So ......... Having had the boat a couple of weeks now, we are rapidly learning essential lessons. I'll list a few here for your amusement ... thankfully we haven't hurt ourselves.

1. Always tilt the motor up before backing the trailor downhill into the garage otherwise you'll hit the motor on the ground.

2. Disconnect the fuel line from the motor when leaving the tinnie parked in the garage otherwise heat expansion will cause fuel to flow up the hose, into the outvoard and into the hull.

3. Measure, check, remeasure and recheck before drilling any holes in the boat.

4. Check what is behind what you are drilling through so you don't almost drill through/into somwthing you really don't want to drill into ....... say a fuel tank! Thankfully one of us noticed what was about to happen before the fuel tank was damaged.

5. Either firmly secured the deep cycle battery to the hull or remove it from the tinnie altogether before towing the tinnie on the road. (this one we learned today when driving 100km/hr on the gateway and saw sparks flying out of the back of the tinnie. The battery had rolled forward and both terminals were contacting the aluminium seat completing a circuit and arcing! The heat produced was sufficient to melt off all of the connections on the wires connected to the batter for the sounder and watersnake..

Cheers all. We're not at dumb as we sound from the stuff listed above! Just glad we haven't hurt ourselves. We're generally very safety conscious.

Mate very hilarious! But we all make mistakes, it's life :)

I just forget the bung from time to time. First time I did it I had a mate holding the boat on the ramp and he didn't realize until the water was above the false floor...a very quick reload onto the trailer and a good 10min of emptying out and we were good to go.

Archived