Thailand and Asia

cy1301

Hi Guys,

thought I'd throw in a few pics and choices of fish to be had if you are in Asia, especially Thailand. There are ponds in Thailand that holds massive fishes and if you happen to be in Thailand, take half a day to visit one of these ponds.

Arapamia

post-9434-144598690543_thumb.jpg

Asia Redtail Cat

post-9434-144598690546_thumb.jpg

Mekong Cat

post-9434-144598690549_thumb.jpg

Pacu

post-9434-144598690552_thumb.jpg

Peacock Bass

post-9434-144598690555_thumb.jpg

Snake Head

post-9434-144598690558_thumb.jpg

Some beautiful specimens there mate....

That mekong cat - is it a baby one? Is that the catfish that grows to massive lengths?

I'm not too sure on that one hey. Still look smaasive for 2 people to be holding it. The guy in the picture is 186cm tall and weighs a 100kg. That cat fish is bigggg to me anyway. :)

Any of these ponds in Phuket? Heading there for a wedding at the end of June. Cracker fish. Saw that extreme fishing guy over there catching them out of ponds on one episode.

Wayne they are near Bangkok and Chiangmai area. This is a Thailand fishing charter site. www.siamfishingtours.com should find some answers there.

Cheers,

Coen

there is quite a few documentaries where people fished there. I have one documentaries where an american lives on one of the islands and he owns a few huge fishing ponds and all these fish are mixed in there. Awesome stuff

I saw that one too!! Its one of the ponds that people visit but only through prior arrangement. Quite exclusive from memory.

Archived