Seagate vs. Stradic

sunnydays

I hear over time daiwa bearings become a bit rough. i dont know if it is true. i just have mine for a little while. but being a shimano fan and moving to daiwa i am impressed. overall the stradic is a tag bit heavier, but its a lot more tougher if you're rough on it. the daiwa reels at that price are light and smooth. my tip is go with the stradic. cheap daiwa reels are made in vietnam. i have a luvias and its made in thailand and thats a $400 reel. but ia lso have a steez 2508 and thats made in japan. and thats like the Lamborghini of fishing reels. just go to the tackle shop and have a feel of them;)

I have the Seagate 3500H and absolutely love it. I have caught everything from metre plus barra, big spaniards, big reds and coral trout on it. Never had a problem with any part. Bang for Buck one of the best reels on the market.

Comes standard with the EVA power knob as well. High retrieve rate, easy to cast, good allround purpose reel.

Cheers

Dan

Thanks guys!

buih87 - the new fj stradic 5000 is really light, 305g, whereas the seagate 3500 is 395g

I'm thinking the seagate might balance the combo out better, plus it will keep the combo 'all daiwa' (I hear if you put a shimano reel on a daiwa rod, the earth moves a little off it's axis! :cheer: )

DKW83 - sounds good, at this stage I'm leaning towards the seagate, unless I can be convinced otherwise!

:)

Thanks again for your time

Archived