NPD fishing fun

Woolybugger

Gents,

I baught the young girl her first fishing rod for her 9th birthday the other week and need to christen it. I have a boat but want to take her somewhere were she will definetaly get a descent catch so she can have a bit of fun and NPD seems to be full of Tilapia.

I am asking out there if and where are the better locations land based as I dont have a boat permit, plus any techniques and bait types etc. Are they better on the botton or rig up floats? etc etc etc

Any info would be great.

strongly recommend bullocky rest on the small park with a 4ball sinker down to a swivel & about 30cm trace down to a size 2 long shank & acouple of earthworms, youll pretty much assure yourself a solid tillie! hope this helps.

strongly recommend bullocky rest on the small park with a 4ball sinker down to a swivel & about 30cm trace down to a size 2 long shank & acouple of earthworms, youll pretty much assure yourself a solid tillie! hope this helps.

And if the tillies are not at home no6 hook under a float and chase the gar they are starting to school up.

Cheers

Ray

I can definitely recommend chasing the gar at NPD. Berley up with a bread slurry then just pinch the air out of some fresh white bread and squeeze it around the shank of a size 6 long shank hook suspended underneath a small float and wait for the acrobatics to begin. Took my godson and his little brother up there last summer and caught and released close to 50 gar in about 2 hours. Great fun!

Archived