QUINTREX 435 HORNET TROPHY for sale SOLD !!!!

tjones011

ok lads i need some advice we have a buyer pending road worth for trailer to change names over hes from interstate and wants to take home to sydney...now the trailer has had the brakes cut off so will this make it not possible to get a road worthy?

main roads said we need one but its way under 750kg so not sure whats the go

I have to ask this....why have the brakes been cut?

I assume that Qld transport/mechanic who does roadworthy will assess the trailer to see if it is in roadworthy condition and to factory specs. I don't think they will look too favourably on a braked trailer having the brake cable cut.

I could be wrong, however regardless of boat weight, the trailer has been modified from standard and the performance has been negatively impacted.

Under 750kg you do not need brakes and I don't even think a road worthy so hopefully you will be ok.

Theres not much drama to get a roadworthy for a trailer if you do need one.

If it has scale rust clean it up and cover it with cold gal or some paint and make sure the lights work,tyres are good,mudguards are not loose and safety chain is ok and you should be right to go.

For under 750 I believe you'd do what Lance has mentioned above(make sure the trailer is in good working condition) and then when you go into QLD Transport (or whichever he needs to goto) - on the forms to get rego for the trailer it's a self-tick box to say that the trailer is in safe working condition so you should be fine

hubby had a sponsor when we first got the boat he cut the brakes off saying we dont need them for a boat that size which was true could kick him now because thats what is causing us probs now

the total weight of trailer boat and motor is alittle over 700kg with a full fuel tank but they boatyard we bought from has it registered as over that weight so now its looking like we cant sell it because we wont be able to get a rw to change over rego paper

the plate on trailer says can carry up to 1000kg

was told to pull the plates and reg as homemade sounds abit dodgy to me

any ideas guys?

really appreciate the help

The non ethical method is to go along to main roads and re register it as home made under 750kg as then it is self assessing.You will have to measure it up and provide a receipt as proof of ownership.

at 700kg it is getting close to the weight limit and it doesn't take much to put it over.

If it is cable operated brakes it may just be cheaper to replace the cable and get a RWC.

It will depend on what condition the discs and pads are in. It will be quite expensive if you have to refurbish the whole braking system.

CHeers

Ray

if its a rereg you will also have to take the trailer into QLD transport to get measured.

They measure every trailer now. From the smallest motorbike trailer to the largest.

If it was originally designed and registered as a trailer with brakes to will have to get a road worthy and the inspector will then have to note the modification.

Cause on the side of the trailer will be a complaince plate that will have to be changed.

IE the wieghts will have to be changed.

Yep its a big hassle.

Just been trhough something similar.

Archived