Yakkers sunday 5th of Feb

Keen-as-fisho

Righto its been a while, so I am planning on heading up to Caloundra and hit Brays rock and the Blinker. Obviously the weather will play some part in this. Low tide is at 630am so it will make for a relatively easy pedal out to the blinker then come back with the tide and fish Brays. Hopefully there will be some speedsters out and about to test my newish combo and the regulars bottom dwellers. I plan on launching from the Kings beach ramp (timber ramp) at 430 or whenever the sun starts to crack the horizon. Come one come all.

post-6136-144598747949_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598747954_thumb.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a friendly word of warning to anyone new to yakking. Brays Rock is open ocean and as such can be subject to quick changes in conditions that are very demanding on a kayak and kayaker. Make sure you know what you are doing and have the equipment to look after yourself should anything nasty happen. If ever in doubt DON'T GO. There will always be another time when conditions are better. No one on this site will think poorly of you if you back out, and if they do they're probably over-compensating for some deficiency, (and should stop taking the roids and let their balls grow a little)

A good piece of advice I got when I started out was to get used to my yak in the estuaries and calm waters, move to more challenging conditions gradually and always go out in numbers.

We'd love to have a session mate, it's been ages. Conditions are too rough for us, so we'll make a plan closer to the weekend.

We had a quick session at Huybers last weekend - a few flounder, a tuskie and a bream. But noing to write home about.

The weekends have been pretty ordinary of late. I need a good session so I can write up all the lies.

looks like I'll be chasing bass somewhere then... or maybe gold coast canals for trevs/jacks? anybody else got alternate plans?

My arm can be easily twisted, especially if its at a certain place where you caught a certain fish :P wink wink :whistle: (not the coomera barra lol)

I imagine you are referring to a certain green fish ... and I'm thinking that that area will have been hit hard by recent floods and will take a while to come good.

But maybe Clear Island Waters for bream and bass?

looks like I'll be chasing bass somewhere then... or maybe gold coast canals for trevs/jacks? anybody else got alternate plans?

My arm can be easily twisted, especially if its at a certain place where you caught a certain fish :P wink wink :whistle: (not the coomera barra lol)

gc barra? ;)

Is it too much to ask for some nice weather for my birthday (6/2) LOL

Whats CIW like?

I think seeing as my birthday is 4/2 Denis should take us both out and show us how it's done :whistle:

I 2nd that motion! :whistle: :woohoo:

Where? Somewhere near a pub for a few birthday beers at lunch ay B) Wello's got a cafe/bar thingy, Raby canals/cleveland ramp has that pub over looking the bay and as an added bonus visible parking for all the gear. Any ideas?

Archived